General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

disabled AHL system to keep quadmod hid's.
oil change....which led to upper rad hose replacement.

bring in it on old man winter!!!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

On my way to work at 4:00 am my steering wheel locked up i thought it died on me but no the engine was still running, i didnt check it because it was like 17 degrees plus i was late for work, after work i checked under the hood and the whole belt was off it was tangled on the fan. After putting it back on adn turning my blazer on it kept coming loose. i was getting frustrated because i didnt know what the hell it was and my fingers were numb. After an hour or so i finally took the idler pulley and to my surprise it was really worn out. So i had to walk to the nearest autozone to get the part luckly they had it in stock, so i got back installed it and now it runs great. The SES light came on so im hoping it was because of the belt and nothing too major. Here are some pics of how bad the idler pulley was.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo_00004.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo_00005.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I Ordered my h4 conversions and i found a decent condition GM service manual

more info in my build thread =)

Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Went to AutoZone to get STP air filter, STP oil filter, and GTX 5W-30 oil for $34.21. Went back home and drained out the oil. Put in new air filter, oil filter and oil in the S10 Blazer. Helped my brother to drained his antifreeze out on his 2000 Chevy S10 pickup and put new antifreeze in it. When I get up in the morning, I have to put brake and rotors on my uncle's Ford F250 then work on my steering on the S10 Blazer. It got alot of play in the steering.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Starting Member

Tighten up my steering box and rotated the tires on the Blazer. Everything is ready on my Blazer for 2 1/2 hours drive up north to Florence, Wisconsin on Thursday.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:02 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
Tighten up my steering box and rotated the tires on the Blazer. Everything is ready on my Blazer for 2 1/2 hours drive up north to Florence, Wisconsin on Thursday.
how do you tighten one up? my wife's '97 has alot of play, i just figured it needed replaed, truck has 188,000 on it. it would be great if there were a adjustment of some sort that could be done.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Starting Member

There is a nut on the steering box. Put the wrench on the nut and lose it up. Then put the wrench on the nut and hold it and have other person up on the top to turn the screw on the top of the nut clockwise to tighten it up. (It might be flat screwdriver or al wrench for the screw) My '95 Chevy S10 Blazer had al wrench for the screw. Don't overtight it or you will burn the pump. By tighting the screw it will take the slack out of the steering. Hope it help you.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Went off-roading a few days ago. It was a blast. I almost got stuck in some deep mud, but the locker and some good steering got me out lol. I was the underdog of the group and did everything they did except this extremely deep mud hole. A guy had 35's and he still sunk down quite a bit. I'll post some pics up here soon!

Last edited by tibby; 12-18-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
KARTER56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got done replacing the heater core in my 2002 4WD. Not a fun job but found that if you drop the column down and let it rest against the drivers seat it gives you ample room to get the dash out without marking anything up. The one thing I did not see in the other forums is my model has a control unit under the center console. Removing the wiring from under the carpet proved to be quite a task since the plug ends are so big. I had to take out the front bolts to the passenger seat to let the carpet pull up enough to get the wiring in and out. Luckily for me I have little monkey hands and can reach inside the accumulator box on the engine side to get out that pesky bolt without drilling a hole as many suggested. All in all about a 6 1/2 hour job. Good to have heat again.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Went up to Rausch with Benedict1337..... Tore up my front bumper valance, rear bumper, bumper ends (rear) and my passenger side rear fender trim. Whoops lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?