General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 03:47 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I got my Christmas bow on last night

kinda late but better then never right ?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Thankfully I've just been driving mine lately.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

tibby man, you gotta get rid of that lower valance man!!! it will looks so much better without it!!! i ripped mine off and have never regretted it yet. it does show off my kick *** alum skid plates too.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by litterbug
tibby man, you gotta get rid of that lower valance man!!! it will looks so much better without it!!! i ripped mine off and have never regretted it yet. it does show off my kick *** alum skid plates too.
Can you give me a pic of yours without the lower valence? I'm guessing if you take it off, it will help entry point clearance? And I have to hit up the yard sometime soon to get some aluminum skids. My oil filter has the plastic crap on it instead of metal. Is there any way to take off the valence without taking off the bumper and brushguard?

Also, do you still have your tow hooks installed? And how does the lower valence being removed affect gas mileage?

Last edited by tibby; 12-19-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Fixed some of the carnage from rausch creek. I love zip ties HAHA.

Gotta order a rear diff cover, and start pricing cv's, front hubs, and an oil cooler.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

hah, zip tie stitches, love it!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Well after much research and debate i decided that buying another cheap diff cover and winding up bending it up on the trails was less cost effective than replacing it with a good one. so i ordered this.

Summit Racing SME-8510400NL - Summit Racing® Manufacturing and Engineering Differential Support Covers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

then i decided since i was gonna replace the rear fluid (obviously) i'd order 4 qts. of this Red Line Synthetic Oil 57904 - Red Line Synthetic Gear Oil - Overview - SummitRacing.com and replace both front and rear.

and while i was at it and had free shipping i thought well hell it's a good time to replace my broken one of these Dorman 68147 - Dorman License Plate Light Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Old 12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
Well after much research and debate i decided that buying another cheap diff cover and winding up bending it up on the trails was less cost effective than replacing it with a good one. so i ordered this.

Summit Racing SME-8510400NL - Summit Racing® Manufacturing and Engineering Differential Support Covers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

then i decided since i was gonna replace the rear fluid (obviously) i'd order 4 qts. of this Red Line Synthetic Oil 57904 - Red Line Synthetic Gear Oil - Overview - SummitRacing.com and replace both front and rear.

and while i was at it and had free shipping i thought well hell it's a good time to replace my broken one of these Dorman 68147 - Dorman License Plate Light Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
whoa thats an expensive cover

but its worth it i guess

Old 12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, you'll have to let us know how it works for you.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

i have i similar cover on my ranger, dont recall how much it was. i like how it has a drain and fill plug. i wanted a better cover than the composite one that the truck came with, didnt want a stamped steel chrome cover, this was actually the best priced alloy cover i could find (for the particular application).
heres my summit cover on the ranger:

Last edited by racsan; 12-27-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?