General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Okay, shew! Lol, I'm glad I got the right brackets. I'll probably install that skid plate and bracket next weekend. It shouldn't take much longer than the oil filter skid plate I'm hoping.

I was considering getting those flares, but 3 out of 4 had cracks in them, either on the inside or out. Would you still of got em if they had cracks?

And that was the first Zr2 I've seen in that yard.

ahh naa they looked so good in the picture tho

I saw a few zr2s in the yard here but the flares were gone

Old 01-08-2012, 05:19 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
ahh naa they looked so good in the picture tho

I saw a few zr2s in the yard here but the flares were gone

Yeah, this one was stripped of almost everything already lol. The axles were both gone and I believe a lot of the suspension minus the shocks.

But if the flares didn't have cracks on the inside of them, I might would of got them. Looked like somebody spilled white paint or did a horrible job on primer too. What does the junkyard usually sell them for to you?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Yeah, this one was stripped of almost everything already lol. The axles were both gone and I believe a lot of the suspension minus the shocks.

But if the flares didn't have cracks on the inside of them, I might would of got them. Looked like somebody spilled white paint or did a horrible job on primer too. What does the junkyard usually sell them for to you?

don't know never asked I only went once but i plan to go more often

I could not find any pull it yards here and my friend found one about an hour 30 mins away

he got a engine and i got some stuff for the blazer and a trans for my 3/4 ton

this yard has stickers on the side of each car/truck that tells you the history if they know it and if the drivetran and engine is good

gotta admit i felt like in a candy store !

Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Either of you guys happen to have another trip to your yard planned anytime soon? I need a steering column cover for mine but the local yard has nothing at all.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Finally got to the the rear window defog fix on both the Bravadiva and SilverBird.
Doing it the RIGHT way!!! Helluva lot harder on the bird because of the rear window slope.

And wrote it up with pictures -though pretty crappy ones- on the latest thread on the subject.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...03/#post487922

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Either of you guys happen to have another trip to your yard planned anytime soon? I need a steering column cover for mine but the local yard has nothing at all.

nope ill let ya know when i do tho

Old 01-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
Shaddai is on a distinguished road
Default Hi friends!

I`m Mariusz from Poland(Europe) I have bought a year ago 97 Blazer LT full time 4x4. It`s really kickin` ... car But I got big problem . I`ve bought it without front driveshaft, so in winter time it`s difficult to ride through snow. Somebody could help me? In Poland there is no spare parts for blazer at all. If I find sth, it`s appearing a car with electrical switch of 4x4. It`s not my model. So please help me. my mail is mariuszmateraATgmail.com

Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member
Tdotblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fixing break line issue

It appears my back brakes don't work as a result of a leak. I somehow still have stopping power with front only. I spent money on the back and the young grease monkey missed the problem and simply bled them and said it was air lock. Two days later I noticed a leak under driver side door.

I bought some tube. I am going to replace the worst looking line. I got a tip here to leave the old Line in place.

Going to do a double flare or two to fix this problem I was willing to spend money on, but now I will do it my self.

Tips?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Last 2 posts should be moved the the appropriate threads so they can possibly get better help.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
nope ill let ya know when i do tho
Me too. Probably not for awhile. But there is another pull-a-part I'm near now since I'm in another city. I can check to see if they have any BlaZeR2 the next time I go.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?