General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Beginning Member
volunteerff is on a distinguished road

Put about 250 miles on er' today.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
haha..

my engine mount,and both torsion bar mounts are chained down. Ive got the tips of 3 old spark plugs plugging vacuum lines and instead of buying a adjustable fpr i stuck a quarter in it.

Call me cheap,stupid or a redneck.

IT ALL WORKS GOOOD.
its ok we all do some repairs like that =P

One time i found this pregnant lady in the parking lot . IT was 11:30 pm and she had a leaking radiator

Me my dumb *** i helped her with a quarter 3 sheetrock screws and a tube of red rtv i had in my door compartment

she was about 2 hours away from home and i told her to call me once she got home

and she made it home
she actually drove 2 weeks till she could afford a new radiator and it held up fine

Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Not sure how to spell it but... Macgyver to the rescue!

Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

So an update on the wheel and tire situation. These 15x7 maro wheels fit A LOT better than the 17x9's. They stick out further and have all around more clearance. The only thing that was problematic was when turning, it could graze the backside of the fender. So I bought a hacksaw from wally world and I hope to chop off those small bits of the fender to FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clear these tires. The auto shop has already mounted and balanced the maro wheels and tires and all I have to do is pick them up from the shop tomorrow after cutting a bit of the fender. This has been a way bigger ordeal than I bargained for. Never again will I see lifts and tire fittings as simple. This is some of the most complex bs I've ever seen. But it should be all done tomorrow. You guys think a hacksaw would take that little bit of the fender I need off right?

Like this? Fender Trimming

I thought about buying a sawzall but have no cords in my apartment complex that I can access near the parking lot. And I don't want to shell out a whole lot for a cordless sawzall right now.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
So an update on the wheel and tire situation. These 15x7 maro wheels fit A LOT better than the 17x9's. They stick out further and have all around more clearance. The only thing that was problematic was when turning, it could graze the backside of the fender. So I bought a hacksaw from wally world and I hope to chop off those small bits of the fender to FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clear these tires. The auto shop has already mounted and balanced the maro wheels and tires and all I have to do is pick them up from the shop tomorrow after cutting a bit of the fender. This has been a way bigger ordeal than I bargained for. Never again will I see lifts and tire fittings as simple. This is some of the most complex bs I've ever seen. But it should be all done tomorrow. You guys think a hacksaw would take that little bit of the fender I need off right?

Like this? Fender Trimming

I thought about buying a sawzall but have no cords in my apartment complex that I can access near the parking lot. And I don't want to shell out a whole lot for a cordless sawzall right now.
yea i think its possible with a hack saw

Why cant you bring your truck inside your complex apartment ?

hahah just messing with ya tibbster

Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Let my brother drove my Blazer for 44 miles today to the gym and work because I can't drive. On the way home we found some backroads and I drove until the end of the backroads by the highway then let my brother drive again. Feel good to drive but have to watch out for the cops. Hope the court go good tomorrow morning for me.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
Let my brother drove my Blazer for 44 miles today to the gym and work because I can't drive. On the way home we found some backroads and I drove until the end of the backroads by the highway then let my brother drive again. Feel good to drive but have to watch out for the cops. Hope the court go good tomorrow morning for me.

Oh crap its tomorrow ? wow time passes when you dont want a date to come

good luck

Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Oh crap its tomorrow ? wow time passes when you dont want a date to come

good luck
I am so nervous for tomorrow So far I got 5 charges on the 9th 2 days after it happened from the county. Then follow week I got other charge but that charge is from the State.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

"One time i found this pregnant lady in the parking lot . IT was 11:30 pm and she had a leaking radiator" .... Damn John I was waiting for the punchline! lol
But wtg

Old 01-23-2012, 09:17 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
I am so nervous for tomorrow So far I got 5 charges on the 9th 2 days after it happened from the county. Then follow week I got other charge but that charge is from the State.
wow 10 charges?

Originally Posted by Rottidog
"One time i found this pregnant lady in the parking lot . IT was 11:30 pm and she had a leaking radiator" .... Damn John I was waiting for the punchline! lol
But wtg

and yea i dunno where i was when i told that story but its true ( I had my head somewhere else)

Her husband was going to drive down to get her but I ended up helping her with a quarter 3 screws and a tube of red rtv

ever since then i got a tool box for my truck

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?