General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

so today i washed all the mud that was on my truck off. kinda sucked since my hose was still frozen so i had one hot soapy bucket and i had to keep refilling a watering can to rise everything off. glad to see that my paint still shines. i cleaned out the trunk a little too since i was tired of hearing all the crap back there rattle whenever the sub was pounding away. so now it sounds cleaner. also filled up my air tank cause i missed the sound of a fully charged air horn. ahhhh. ill have to get a proper video of what it sounds like fully charged. my last video was kinda weak.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

SO i started my led project today

I got some taillight housings courtesy of atvwarrior

the driver side was cracked so imma need to buy one but the passenger side is good
I practiced on the driver side before cutting the passenger side and they both came out great !

I hope i can get the materials soon to make the led boards and a driver side taillight

Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Nice, can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
Drejal is on a distinguished road

Well....i got a little over 26mpgs* today. The previous best i had observed was around 21.

Why the asterisk? I was driving from Browning, MT to Havre, MT. 160+ miles straight east. However, there are extreme high winds blowing (from the west) through the area right now, AND Browning is around 1800' higher in elevation....SO...I was literally driving downhill with a hurricane force tailwind!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

"Also, just picked one of these up before harbor freight closed. Can anyone guess what I'm going to do tomorrow with it? And no, I'm not gonna cut up food with it."
lol cut up the door frame?!
Rims look great Tibby, just need a little contrast IMO.

Bert, I've made up new swear words doing things like that! Ain't it a bitch?! At least you didn't fubar the holes for the bolts for the dist. mounting bolts. Aren't they T-15 or 20?

On topic - I installed 144 LED's in my rear... ok the tail lights of CB. 4 lights @ 36 red LED's ea. = 144. Now HIS rear has all LED illumination. With the exception of the plate lights & my aux hitch mounted lights.
I'll grab pics in the low light of 6:50 AM when I get to work, if I remember to bring the decent camera because they do look sweet & light up a ton.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-25-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Drejal
Well....i got a little over 26mpgs* today. The previous best i had observed was around 21.

Why the asterisk? I was driving from Browning, MT to Havre, MT. 160+ miles straight east. However, there are extreme high winds blowing (from the west) through the area right now, AND Browning is around 1800' higher in elevation....SO...I was literally driving downhill with a hurricane force tailwind!
Always gotta love a good blow that doesn't cost as much!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:21 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
Tibby...the wheels look great.
I would angle grind those wheel wells...i think the sawzall will chew it up.
Sucks you cant work on your rig.
@Wart, I'll be able to go home this weekend and hopefully trim some. So you say an electric angle grinder should fit the bill? The sawzall gets violent when making the cut. It was throwing me around a little. And it didn't help it was making a really loud cutting noise lol. I had everybody watching me from their apartments and even the cops rolled by once, but they never said anything lol.

@Gio, you gonna help a bro out? lol.

@Rotti, I know about the contrast, but I wasn't even planning on using these wheels. I was going to use my black 17x9 maro's. Those didn't fit, so I saw these 15x7's in great condition on craigslist for the right price and got them. I had no time for paint .

I'll eventually clean up the sidewall, but I don't think the blue looks that bad right now haha. And hopefully I'll be okay for a few days driving like this without cutting anything. I can't go home for a few days, so that's why.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

tibby...yeah i like to use the angle grinder for that kind of job...its just easier to shape the cut.
and yeah...sawzall can be really jumpy

Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
tibby...yeah i like to use the angle grinder for that kind of job...its just easier to shape the cut.
and yeah...sawzall can be really jumpy
Okay, the electric should have enough juice. I don't have a compressor so no air tools. But one more question. With the backspacing of these wheels, it looked like I might need longer wheel studs. The guy at the auto shop said if you do any serious wheeling off-roading that you should look into some. What do you have on yours wart?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i never changed my studs...my rears are running the spacers so they are fine.
but yeah...they are a little shorter.
never did anything about it though....not really too hard on my rig...daily driver and all.
a little fun goes along way for me.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?