General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

nice scooter!!!! lol. just giving you crap. that thing looks sweet!!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Thanks man.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road

Open the jack storage area and secured the jack and chocks the right way.. bought and installed new rear window struts.. now the %$^%^ window will stop bashing me in the skull!!

Old 02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

worked on my 88 gmc today while the blazer watched from out side of my friends garage =P

Drilled the driver side manifold and got the transmission in

my dad decided to help me and screwed some stuff up ... IM not gonna get into it but im sorta aggravated about it ..... I called it a day and came home

I need to pick up a gasket for the transfer case and an OIL PAN sigh

Old 02-04-2012, 05:18 PM

so i got that other k5 today too. for only 3k. we got it that low because the effing rear driveshaft gave on the test drive. the u-joints in it were gone so we put it in 4x4. it was squeaking and once we got up to speed it was vibrating a lot and WHAM!!!! i saw the shaft rolling onto the shoulder. it made it back to the guys house and to my house just on the front shaft so at least i know the 4x4 works!!! and its got a 203 transfer case in it. cause i transfered the yolk and driveshaft from the old 74 in there and they all fit. besides for the rear u-joint its perfect. the rear u-joint is larger on the 78. so tomorrow or monday ill go get some new ujoints and maybe a driveshaft seal cause its a bit leaky. either way im one happy camper. now i just have to part out the other 2 trucks cause my dad said he wanted them gone by memorial day so i gotta get crackin with that.

on another note anybody looking to buy some k5 parts or maybe a 350 engine??

Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

If either of the other two were in good shape (and I wasn't so poor) I'd consider buying one...

Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 PM

well im gonna put what i can into the new one and sell the rest. or just junk it but i dont want it going to complete waste ya know.

well here are the pictures.
at the guys house

after washing it back at my place

the engine

the interior

so let me know what you guys think. i think its a hell of a deal for only 3k.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks pretty good,

Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice find litterbug the body is in great shape its gonna suck to beat on it

Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

We got 18" of snow yesterday, so I got to confirm that 4wd actually works after fixing it recently.

A comment earlier made me realize that I'm not sure where the jack is on mine. That's kind of important to know... I'm sure I could find it if I was stuck beside the road, assuming that I have one. I know I have a full size spare, but I probably need to check the pressure in that sucker as well.
Spent so much time and effort worrying about the oil leak and the 4x issue that basic stuff kinda slipped my mind

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?