General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I took off about week and half from working on mine cause I having a dificult time putting the transmission by myself then I wrecked my truck.Yesterday I went back to working and got the trans raised then bolted it up.Now I have get the transfer case up by myself.I also replaced the fuel lines since I had just cut them when I removed the engine.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Found a pair of Recaro seats from an old Lumina cop car...Debating having them redone and installing them in the Blazer...

Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

well yesterday i debadged it then washed buffed and waxed it, wondering why i didnt debadge it before

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Haven't been on here much at all lately. I started a new job and it seems like all I've been doing lately is working, eating, and sleeping with little time to do anything else. But some cliff notes of what has been going on lately with me. I got a good deal on a craftsman air compressor that I'm running air tools off of. The only thing is finding quality air tools. The harbor freight air impact wrench couldn't break loose a lug nut worth crap. Might go with the earthquake instead of the regular one. Also, I have installed a class 5 Reese Hitch for the Blaze and have so many bolts going through that thing it ain't even funny. I have reinforced bolts for reinforced bolts! The hitch hangs down a bit from the body because of my body lift.

I got a tow hook and a ball mount for the hitch and the tow hook works wonders offroad! I actually got stuck at Uwharrie on one of the trails. The Blaze has no ground clearance what so ever, so I was riding the hills over my skid plates. They hit every hill on the trail. I got about a quarter of the way in and found my temp was rising to 210 degree and beyond. I shut off the engine and looked around and sure enough I had closed shut my exhaust pipe in 3 different sections. 2 were on the other side of the flange of the intake manifold on both sides and 1 was underneath near the oil pan. Anyways, a Grand Wagoneer club came along the trail and gave me a pull since I had nothing to cut the pipe with. The Wagoneer club was real nice and the actual Wagoneer that pulled me out had a Cummins Turbo Diesel in it. That thing was boss! He pulled me out with ease! Even on a nasty trail, the recovery strap held strong! Now for some pics!

New pipe underneath welded and y-pipe welded again

New pipe near flange and manifold

Bolts galore holding in the hitch

Tow hook and ball/receiver

How close exhaust tip is to hitch

How far down the hitch sits with the body lift

Last edited by tibby; 06-19-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Did you have fun with the exhaust bolts? and I dig that license plate. it makes me smile.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Add 28 miles to my Blazer today from driving to work then back home. Cleaned out my glove box tonight and found a stack of receipts of the parts that I installed on my '95 Blazer since I bought it on November 3, 2010.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Adam Turner is on a distinguished road

I had my rotors turned and changed my brake pads today. I also got a new vacuum reservoir and fixed some faulty lines in the system. While trying to explain the presence of transmission fluid in my old vacuum reservoir I argued with an employee at the parts store who told me clean brake fluid is red or pink(ha!) and right now I am researching possible fixes for my squishy brake pedal.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by richphotos
Did you have fun with the exhaust bolts? and I dig that license plate. it makes me smile.
Of course! The main problem with the exhaust bolts where the flange is that one of the nuts on the bolts was STRIPPED! But everything is good now...

Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

snuck the blazer up the road and back .... SHH no body knows

any ways shes gonna need a coil soon ...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:52 AM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road

Today I ripped out the old 5 disk cd changer that was in the arm rest. Now I have a lot of space inside of it, with the mounts still in there i am thinking about installing a cb in that area, and maybe running a pa speaker under the hood. Hopefully soon getting my mudflaps. I also had to take the drivers door apart and remount the window motor.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?