General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

-14F nothings getting worked on.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Just bought a Pioneer double din touch screen and a ddin bezel. Bought a pair of Alpine 6 1/2 componant speakers and heading back to buy a 300watt alpine 4ch amp. With all you guys (esp Alton) help around here I think its gound to be an easy install

Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Made a failed attempt at towing a garbage truck out of a snowbank. Feel so let down

Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by streblo
Made a failed attempt at towing a garbage truck out of a snowbank. Feel so let down

Dont feel bad Garbage trucks are the most heaviest trucks around. They are always over loaded.

You have a better chance pulling a semi with a loaded trailer.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Wow, I can't believe it wouldn't pull it...

Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ordered the q-forms yesterday. and had to do a double back to get into the driveway this morning from freezing rain, it would not turn.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

started every thing up ... and Disconnected the snow plow. Watch it snow now...

Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

cough,!NEW TIRES!, cough

Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diaita
Wow, I can't believe it wouldn't pull it...
I know tell me about it:P It was worse because it was literally stuck on what seemed like nothing, thats what happens when only one of the rear axles gets power and those are the wheels that are slightly suspended in the air

Originally Posted by blaz
cough,!NEW TIRES!, cough

I wish I didnt have my camera or phone with me! Although it would be a pretty ridiculous picture.

And Yes, new tires for next year, 33's when you come help me put on a body lift this summer! I was trying to figure it out, I think the tires only have about 100,000km on them I should be good for at least another 20 years right?

Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Beginning Member
Michaelwiseguy is on a distinguished road

2001 2Dr 4WD, bought it new $21K and has 110k miles on it now. I'm replacing upper & lower control arms, CVs, and hubs. I collected the parts over the past 3 years after I noticed the CVs leaking. Had to add caliber mounting brackets, 1 rotor, pads, and stabilizer bar bushings to the mix. Total parts cost me about $700. I got one side done this past weekend and will start on the driver side tomorrow. I paid out the nose for an oil cooler pipe at the dealer today, $88, but at least I'll stop the only oil leak. A few years ago I did the upper & lower intake manifold gasket replacement that worked out very well.

Does anyone know where I can get rear axle bumpers called secondary springs? Dealer says they're discontinued.

Thanks to this Blazer Forum for the great tips I can find here to help me along.

Last edited by Michaelwiseguy; 01-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?