General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

some people's junk is another person's treasure. good find

Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Beginning Member
raza514 is on a distinguished road

I gave it for transmission repairs. Hopefully i will get it back on wednesday...I already miss it...:'(

Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, this was Friday night, but i've been busy. and having the race run 2 hrs over yesterday, kinda cuts into any fix/mod time on the truck.

helped my wife's co-worker move (again-don't ask!) from Barrie to downtown Toronto. i did this trip twice! (she had more crap than what she let on).

so in doing this, i washed it before i started (it was white from all the sand/salt on the roads), filled it-twice! and put like 600k+ on it.

now i need to wash it again (it snowed on the way home )

Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Yesturday, I changed the front rotors and brakes and washed all the salt off her.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

straps look a lil/really loose on the roof rack there Chris nm the glass table thats looking for a windsheild/hood to land on lol

<edit> crap thats a tire on a bike on the trailer lol my bad, 1st glance it looked like a glass table

Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rottidog
straps look a lil/really loose on the roof rack there Chris nm the glass table thats looking for a windsheild/hood to land on lol

<edit> crap thats a tire on a bike on the trailer lol my bad, 1st glance it looked like a glass table

that's just the extra end of the strap tied off. trust me, my s**t doesn't move when i strap it down. just ask the friend of mine with the strech about that.

it was a baker's rack up there and the strap was more for looks than anything else. i had it jammed under the rear cross rail of the roof rack so far, i almost couldn't get it out.

funny you mention that bike, same issue. had to take out the bed before i could even move it. somtimes i think i try too hard to make sure nothing moves on me.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Where in Barrie was the move from?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
BF Guru

Essa & 400.

why? were you in the area? i coulda used the help.

and of course the second trip is always more fun. they had 3/4 of Avenue Road closed for about 3 blocks-and of course everyone and their cousin decided that was the time to try and go down it.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 AM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Went to the local salvage yard and bought some Camaro wheels and took them to have a new set of 31/10.5X15 Wrangler Authority tires put on the wheels and had them both put on the truck. There is absolutely no market around here for the stock wheels that was on my Blazer, so I took them to the local recycling center and got paid enough for the clean aluminum to more than cover what I paid for the Camaro wheels. Added a pic to my profile page with the new wheels and tires. I did not do this part; my wife ordered a Westin "Safari Bar" (black) for my Blazer. She said it was my Valentine's gift. It should be here in a few days. I am so lucky to have a wife like her. Also bought a 102" stainless whip for my c.b. That will be installed soon.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Did an oil change (10w30 high mileage Penz), fuel filter change, and took the roof rack off.

The mounts i was going to use for my off-road lights would have required drilling.... and I plan to toss a 17' canoe up there, so strength will matter. SO, I got new mounts that bolt on. #2 conduit clamps from Home Depot. $.068 each.

with a little bit of under coating, they should do nicely... (flip them over in your mind).

also got some heat shrink and water proof quick disconnects for my wires... getting closer....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?