General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced the thermostat, to hopefully help with the overheating at cruising speeds. Relocated a few "shared grounds." Greased the chassis. Next thing to do is get the windshield replaced. Has a huge crack going across it.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I replaced the hinge pins and bushings on the driver's door on my '98 Jimmy. I used JB Weld to fill in the worn holes in the hinges so the bushings wouldn't break and fall out like the previous bushings.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Washed the Blazer While it hailed! Stupid spring weather...

Old 04-22-2013, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
I replaced the hinge pins and bushings on the driver's door on my '98 Jimmy. I used JB Weld to fill in the worn holes in the hinges so the bushings wouldn't break and fall out like the previous bushings.
let me know how the jb holds. one of the holes on mine is egged out. Ive been wondering how im going to fix this without a welder or replacing the hinge.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
let me know how the jb holds. one of the holes on mine is egged out. Ive been wondering how im going to fix this without a welder or replacing the hinge.
I have heard it holds up pretty well. Just takes awhile to set up.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Beginning Member
Captain Spaulding is on a distinguished road

just dropped the fkn money pit off at the shop to get the AC fixed....450 dollars. in the past month ive dropped 4000 dollars into it but it now has a completely rebuilt motor new tires and by the end of the day ice cold AC again.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

My brand new engine was starting to rust cause condensation and it sitting for a very long time.I could hardly turn it over by hand.So today I took my oil can with a long hose and sqirted oil down all the cyclinders.Cleaned up the cylinder walls and cranks over fast like it should now.I have an extra distributor shaft Im going to make a home made pre oiling tool and pump oil through out the entire engine.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tgwt98b
Even if it's throwing a code? I'll definitely try cleaning it over buying a new one. Little quick detail, I can pull both sensors from the intake and it doesn't change the way it idles.
FWIW, I drove mine too long with the MAF code and fried the Cat... Tried cleaning it, but it took a rebuilt unit to clear the code. Took a different trick to clear the resulting Cat code...

Other than that, changed the oil and lubed front end.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
just dropped the fkn money pit off at the shop to get the AC fixed....450 dollars. in the past month ive dropped 4000 dollars into it but it now has a completely rebuilt motor new tires and by the end of the day ice cold AC again.
I live in New England and was thinking of removing my ac

Last edited by newguy; 04-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newguy
I live in New England and was thinking of removing my ac
You'll regret that come June/July

I replaced my exhaust system (from the cat back) last weekend and painted it with high heat paint. We'll see how long paint lasts....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?