General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

Did my pitman arm and idler arm today. Tomorrow I finish the control arm bushings on the right side. I love doing the bushings :-)

Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

not today, in the past week though, pulled the engine out of the '96, all rod bearings have spun, 2 are friction-welded to the rods themselves, the middle 2 mains have spun, dont know what the came bearings look like yet, going to pull the engine from the '94 and see how bad it looks internally, it ran when parked, just had a bad trans, but that was 5 years ago, hope it aint seized. $400 + in gaskets/bearings no matter what, but the '96 engine would need a line-bore and the crank turned. (if it even can be) the rod bearing clearance was incredible, id guess 1/16" it did sound like a diesel, i dont know how it could have had any oil pressure....for now the wife is back in the old '97, with 207,000 miles. the '96 had 185,000, the '94 im pulling the hopefully useable engine from has 198,000. alot of work ahead of me! i do know of some bolts that aint going back in, unless i remove the body from the frame..

Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I removed the fuel filler neck on my '98 Jimmy only to find the replacement I ordered from Rock Auto is too short.

Grrrrrrrr.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today got nothing done, Last night though I found a better wall to adjust the headlights on. Now they are good, my buddy who has a car with OEM projector HID's said "I am actually surprised at how good the cutoff is with them being in a halogen housing. Was good to hear.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
S102NV is on a distinguished road

I've been to busy parting out a rusty 1st gen 2wd S10 pickup, to do anything on mine. but today i picked up door hinge pins to put in my drivers side front door.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

balljoint spacers this weekend and new shocks

Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Went and got some steel prices! Looks like I am going to be right around $350 for all the steel I need. That's still way cheaper than buying a premade bumper! And the $350 covers front and rear bumpers and rock sliders so I don't thing that's a bad price at all. I'll probably pick up the steel for the sliders later this week or early next week depending on time.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Went and got some steel prices! Looks like I am going to be right around $350 for all the steel I need. That's still way cheaper than buying a premade bumper! And the $350 covers front and rear bumpers and rock sliders so I don't thing that's a bad price at all. I'll probably pick up the steel for the sliders later this week or early next week depending on time.
Have any design ideas yet for the sliders?

Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I have a bit of a design I am thinking about fabbing! It will be rather simple but strong and multi purpose I will be using 2x3" 3/16th wall rectangle tube for the main portion of the slider and feet to the frame and then and additional portion to act as a step and a little more protection from 2x2 .120 wall square tube. I'd make a pic of the idea but I can't draw to save my life and I don't know how to operate online design programs lol! Guess everyone will have to wait and see.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran

Great minds think alike, I was thinking retangular also with a slight upward angle

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?