General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Just painted my grill today and fooked it all up. The paint was labled plastic , but some kind of solvent reaction ruined it . Soos gotta get another one tomorrow and will paint the inside first.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richphotos
Yeah, I do not know what I am looking at, but if it is running fine. I do not see the point to doing tests on the fluids. just my thoughts.
To identify small problems and act on them before they become big problems.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

^^^ +1.

They're useful when running expensive synthetics like Amsoil. Signature series can go for 25,000 miles before needing a change, so when your at 15k miles you can send in a sample just to be sure your good to go for the full 25k. In some cases you might be able to go even longer depending on the results of the test. If the additive package of the oil is still good, changing your oil is throwing your money away.

If you have high levels of Silica, that tells the lab that your air filter isn't doing it's job. High levels of brass usually indicate main or rod bearing failure. Different metal contents indicate the areas of wear that should be looked at. It can also detect higher than normal combustion byproducts, and coolant, indicating a blown or leaking head gasket. This is why most fleets send their oil in. When your running 10 trucks or so, running the oil another 5k miles = BIG $$$ saved. Can save you money too if your running synthetics for more than 7k miles.

Color alone doesn't tell the full story. If your oil is dirty, that just means it's doing it's job.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:30 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I guess I just do not see the benefit for a single car, If you have a fleet of trucks, sure. but to each their own. Piece of mind.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by johnjfeher
Got general grabber at2s! there so sexy, 30x9.5x15s
Could you take more pics.. I am thinking of getting these same tires for my Blaze...

Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Tested the AC in the truck today, still blowing nice and cold.... 98 degrees here in Minneapolis.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Worked on the doors a bit more should have a little more time tomorrow for them hopefully!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Hate uploading pics to this site.. Fails everytime.. Arr

Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

What are you using to upload them? I just load them to photobucket and then paste the link and it works everytime

Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by redz
Hate uploading pics to this site.. Fails everytime.. Arr
Yeah, dont use the sites hosting, onsite hosting is never good

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?