General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

have done nothing at all. it just wont be nice out for long enough to get anything done, its really starting to make me mad. But hopefully next week I will get the parts ordered for the cab mounts. then the saggy door problem will be fixed, the ride will be much better and less noisy.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Had some fun with okiedoak check out my offroading pic thread

Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Nothing today and liked it!

Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Zibignu is on a distinguished road
Default Shackle Lift

Well, after an extremely hard go, I am finished the rear shackle lift. I had to cut off the lower bolts as they were not going anywhere. The nuts came off fine but after a few hours of pounding on the bolts, it was obvious they were not about to break free.

The old shackle bushings were very stubborn and I had to drill out the rubber and literally cut through the outer casings with a cold chisel and hammer. I was then able to "peal" them out of the springs that they had bonded to over the years.

After cleaning and painting up the springs, I was sure to grease the outside of the shackle bushings before pressing them into the springs. If I ever have to take these apart again, It will not be such an ordeal.

I now have room for my 31" tires and will have them mounted by the end of the week. Pics to come =)

Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Zibignu
Well, after an extremely hard go, I am finished the rear shackle lift. I had to cut off the lower bolts as they were not going anywhere. The nuts came off fine but after a few hours of pounding on the bolts, it was obvious they were not about to break free.

The old shackle bushings were very stubborn and I had to drill out the rubber and literally cut through the outer casings with a cold chisel and hammer. I was then able to "peal" them out of the springs that they had bonded to over the years.

After cleaning and painting up the springs, I was sure to grease the outside of the shackle bushings before pressing them into the springs. If I ever have to take these apart again, It will not be such an ordeal.

I now have room for my 31" tires and will have them mounted by the end of the week. Pics to come =)
Did mine few weeks ago, same way, first 3 hours, second side 1 1/2. Dont think you`ll taking them out soon

Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Man I got lucky! I had mine done in under 30 min including removing the rear sway bar completely along with its brackets.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

ive done nothing. cant even afford $60 i need to balance my driveshaft. Cant drive it till i do since its so bad. Im out of work/money. YAY.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road
Default Idler Arm

Was out on a delivery this morning and noticed a scary sounding CLUNK everytime I would make a turn and bring the wheel back to straight. Pulled the skid plate off and noticed my Idler Arm's joint/bearings were blow apart and just hanging there loosely.

20$ and a trip next door to Autozone..... New Arm with a 1yr warranty.

Took a bit to get the busted bearing out without the special tool. (When in doubt, use a bigger hammer !)

Easy fix all together.......20 bux, a 6pack for my friend the mad mechanic, and an hour that I had to spare before starting work.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
cferry7 is on a distinguished road
Default 1996 Jimmy 4WD

Painted Trans Support Bars and one Engine Bracket Support Bar.

Inventory of the ARP Bolts which I purchased and planned on using
in Engine Rebuild , however , I went with Dealer supplied Bolts almost
throughout. These will be RMA back to ARP - unfortunately.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-jimmy-trans-support-eng-bracket.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-arp-bolt-return.jpg  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member
NCRD1331 is on a distinguished road

Amazon.com: *NLTRSM*Nippon 48 tailgate light, 4 functions, running light, left/right signal, brake/reverse ligh: Automotive Amazon.com: *NLTRSM*Nippon 48 tailgate light, 4 functions, running light, left/right signal, brake/reverse ligh: Automotive

Had this ordered up, came home to it on my back step. wired it up in around 15 minutes (trying to find the darn wires and having the built up dirt rain into my eyes). Looks nice with right/left, brake, running lights, and reverse functions.

Couldn't beat it for 30 bucks.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130604_201644_468.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?