General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Major heat wave in the northeast, havent done much. Havent used my ac either, so I think I`m gonna pull the whole unit and free up some weight and it should help it keep cool without the ac radiator in front. Didnt have a temp problem anyway and the ac doesnt work

Old 07-18-2013, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by newguy
Major heat wave in the northeast, havent done much. Havent used my ac either, so I think I`m gonna pull the whole unit and free up some weight and it should help it keep cool without the ac radiator in front. Didnt have a temp problem anyway and the ac doesnt work
if you buy a ac delete pulley,the one i got had the wrong size bolts. take your oem bolts to the store and get way shorter ones.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
if you buy a ac delete pulley,the one i got had the wrong size bolts. take your oem bolts to the store and get way shorter ones.
Thanks

Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Got nothing done today, and wont, watching it saturday (yes, I plan it out as it takes a long time, couple hours usually)
Next wednesday I am ordering the sheet metal I need to get the upper cab mounts replaced, once that is done, its really only uphill from here.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Oil change in 100 degree weather. was awful. then on the way to the auto parts store to recycle oil had to slam on the brakes cause of an old *** lady not driving correctly and spilled motor oil all over the back cargo area.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-oafjui3l.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to Utah.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Today I actually worked on one of my trucks again. I replaced the passenger side seat recliner handle on my wife's 2000 Blazer. It turns out that they break! Who knew?

OK, so seriously, we all knew that. Anyway, my buddy Alex, who bought my old '94 Blazer, broke it a couple months ago. The shaft that goes into the handle was busted partway off. I got the Help! brand seat handles and cut about a quarter inch off the part that the shaft goes into to get it to fit properly. It works!

Her truck still needs some work. I need to get the A/C working, fix the rear wiper, replace both front door hinge pins and bushings, check the left rear window switch, and troubleshoot an electrical problem with the radio.

Fortunately my wife keeps reminding me regularly to perform all of those services.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

It's not just Utah these days - bad drivers are EVERYWHERE.

Remember, all the mindless dolts that elected our current government also have drivers licenses ....

Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That's a scary thought...

Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
It's not just Utah these days - bad drivers are EVERYWHERE.

Remember, all the mindless dolts that elected our current government also have drivers licenses ....
and if we would have went the other way with the government, we would not be in any better of a situation with anything, they all suck LOL

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?