General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

if it is a 2wd then no you need 3" lift just to get 30's under it

Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1oldK5
Ah just go to autozone and tell them you want the brighter lights, hopefully they aren't complete morons like all the ones out here and will give you the right ones.
lol, there's only a couple ones that are morons lol. I think half of them are gonna groan when I walk back in, here in like 30 minutes lol.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
lol, there's only a couple ones that are morons lol. I think half of them are gonna groan when I walk back in, here in like 30 minutes lol.

Yea everybody who works at both stores near my house are complete idiots and we go there so much that we just look up our own parts on the computer and either tell them hey we need this or if they ignore us we just go in the back and pull our own parts and they will ring us up lol.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Beginning Member
buck8907 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I found some nice 31's at work an wanted em (if you know me, you understand better, I want everything, like the zr5 body i found today.) And yeah, autozone blows. I either pull my parts at work, or get the boss man to order it so I know its right lol.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah I walked in and one of the guys was like, "Miss Morehead, are you still messing with that exhaust?!" (Yes my last name is Morehead)

So then I got my little buddy to go get me headlights... and he messed it up. Gave me three 4656s and one 4651. So I had to go back and he just happened to be on Lunch so I didn't get to yell at him... but I got yelled at by another guy for being back in there for the 4th time in 2 days.

So all in all today I: bought 4 headlights; installed 2, bought paint (YAY!), bought 1 Turndown (gotta see if it fits but I'm gonna do that tomorrow when my muffler is cold), and used a lot of gas. And now I'm at work... yay
And my bf has my iPod cause apparently playing with Tanks all day isn't enough, he has to play with my stuff also.

Left side are the new ones

High Beams... Low Beams

Just needs hung and that turndown put on it.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I walked in and one of the guys was like, "Miss Morehead, are you still messing with that exhaust?!" (Yes my last name is Morehead)

[/CENTER]
*SMIRK*
No Comment...

I was under the truck for a few hours last night replacing front axle shafts and control arm bushings..... again.
I found a washout last time I was out in the desert.
Nothing rattles your teeth harder than a washout in hardpan dirt at 40mph.... not so good for the poly bushings either...

Old 09-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

So then I got my little buddy to go get me headlights... and he messed it up. Gave me three 4656s and one 4651. So I had to go back and he just happened to be on Lunch so I didn't get to yell at him... but I got yelled at by another guy for being back in there for the 4th time in 2 days.

So all in all today I: bought 4 headlights; installed 2, bought paint (YAY!), bought 1 Turndown (gotta see if it fits but I'm gonna do that tomorrow when my muffler is cold), and used a lot of gas. And now I'm at work... yay

Ha oh man there are so many ways I can run with this last name but I'll be nice and leave it alone See now thats why you never trust the people who work at autozone I have rarely found any that actually know what they are doing, which is why you do what I do and look up and pull your own parts lol.

Hell I usually dont make like 4 trips to autozone in 2 days but I'm really good at that wasting gas thing, just end up driving around hours on end when I get bored.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

Something to ponder.....

I have rebuilt MANY engines from 225 slant sixes, 318/360, B/RB big blocks, ford 460/429, FE series, sr20de.....the list goes on, and on. I even rebuilt a ford aerostar 3.0 IN THE VAN. Ive done MANY suspension parts replacements. Ive owned more cars then I can count on my hands and feet.....Ive worked cash registers too. I don't know everything, and Ill be the first to admit it too, but I know my shyt

Now. I applied at autozone. I took their online test. Passed. I even called every day buggin the **** out of the manager to look at my application. All I got was "we're still accepting applications for a few days" Then 2 days later, I went to speak to the manager, but he was TRAINING some african american ditz who didnt even know what a FLARE NUT WRENCH was. She looked at the freakin package, read "FLARE NUT WRENCH" and STILL told me they didn't carry them.....

I was freakin HEATED....I spoke to a few workers that I knew very well. The told me that the manager, who was of african descent, was VERY racist, and VERY sexist. He would write up anyone for the littlest thing, just to get them fired, to hire someone HE wanted. I called the corporate office, and told them what was going on, and how I felt I was passed over for a job because I have white looking skin, and the manager continued to ONLY hire african americans when a white person was fired or quit.

Needless to say, I didn't get the job, but that manager was promptly fired. About a week later, after the call, I never saw him again

Please don't take my rant as a hatred toward our african brethren. I have no harsh feelings toward ANY race. I only have 1 white friend though haha. the rest are mexicans hahaha As for me, Im spanish, a little indian, and A LOT of everything else

to keep it on topic....I removed my center console, and super glued the inside back together...Im pulling the seats tomorrow, pulling the carpet, then taking the bus to summit, and ordering the carpet kit

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Bberry20 is on a distinguished road

Rreplaced my rear end last weekend getting my new tire on today then moving on to fix my blower fan! gotta love the money pit! lol

Old 09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing major today, just did an oil change and waiting for the air filter to dry that i just washed... anyone know how much oil i should really put on the filter when re-oiling it? I have one of those cleaning kits with that oil in a spray bottle.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?