General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Went to the yard today because they have a black blazer, was hoping with a bit of luck that it would have had a drivers fender in good shape.... NOPE.. it was like swiss cheese, the only other thing there was a bravada, and even that fender was in terrible shape. so I snatched a coil out of the black one (coil looks to be about brand new) and then grabbed the rubber flex tube that goes from the air filter to the intake since the one on the jimmy is chewed up, and found a 3rd brake light off of a 2002 deville, which has a crap ton of burnt out led's now that i tested it.. oh well, got 2 good things.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Went to the yard today because they have a black blazer, was hoping with a bit of luck that it would have had a drivers fender in good shape.... NOPE.. it was like swiss cheese, the only other thing there was a bravada, and even that fender was in terrible shape. so I snatched a coil out of the black one (coil looks to be about brand new) and then grabbed the rubber flex tube that goes from the air filter to the intake since the one on the jimmy is chewed up, and found a 3rd brake light off of a 2002 deville, which has a crap ton of burnt out led's now that i tested it.. oh well, got 2 good things.

did not tell me you were going to the yard

Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
did not tell me you were going to the yard
Dont worry, they would not have had anything you needed. around this time of year into fall is the end of the summer crap, picked through ect. come winter time is when all the good stuff gets there LOL

Old 09-08-2013, 06:46 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Got the lower intake gasket replaced, glad that job is done. Got some noisy pullys now, maybe alt bearings, did replace the tensionor idler and the ungroved idler, helped with some of the noise.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 PM
vzill is on a distinguished road

Dropped the rear drive shaft and replaced the transfer case seal as it was leaking badly. A pain to pull out the old seal and pound the new one in. Now I won't need to worry about it losing all its fluid like it seemed to have done earlier. Bought new plugs to install as it has 130K miles and those have never been changed and me thinketh it makes sense and may improve fuel mileage and engine operation.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran

Put in the new reverse lights this evening... photos will come later.

*pics of the reverse lights* picture does not do it justice. I underexposed the image slightly, and did not have energy to take another photo.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dsc_6087_zps431af061.jpg  

Last edited by richphotos; 09-08-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

This Thursday I'm heading to both "You Pull" yards, and pulling anything I can come across. One yard just got a few first gen blazers and s-10s in, so hopefully I can find something!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Put in the new reverse lights this evening... photos will come later.

*pics of the reverse lights* picture does not do it justice. I underexposed the image slightly, and did not have energy to take another photo.

Looks good rich!

I had a guy tonight on my bandit forum ask why not just use pnp bulbs instead of doing all the work to make a custom one. I said for one that if he can find one as bright I'd be surprised, and that you just don't get that satisfaction from a pnp as you do with a self-built array.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Thogert
Looks good rich!

I had a guy tonight on my bandit forum ask why not just use pnp bulbs instead of doing all the work to make a custom one. I said for one that if he can find one as bright I'd be surprised, and that you just don't get that satisfaction from a pnp as you do with a self-built array.
Thanks, and you are right, the only PNP that you can get that even comes close to this is v-led's. And for the price that those things cost, its about the same price as it is to build your own, and you learn more, AND they are more bright LOL

Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

How much are you wanting to pay for one? I know there is a black first gen 2 door at one of my local yards. I know it has a perfect body on it (what I usually pick from). If shipping isn't too bad, I could buy it and have it shipped to you. My fender can be fixed, so I'm not going to replace it, like I had planned to. The only down fall, is the pin stripping on it? Can get pictures of it Thursday, if you'd be willing to pay costs.

I THINK the price for a fender there is like $35, so it'd be that plus shipping costs.

Last edited by 95BlackGA; 09-09-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?