General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Ok cool. How many volts do the ambers run at BTW? I don't feel like skimming through the P4 data sheet right now.
The ambers are 2.5v and run at 70mA. The white ones are 3.4v 50mA. Going to first try the whites at 50mA but it will most likely be too bright. So I will run them at like 35 using 120ohm 1/2w resistors if it is too brightm cause they are bright as hell in the reverse lights

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

They run about 9 Lumens each right? So each at 50mA would put out roughly 135lu each side. I think that would be about right for DRLs. Then just run a separate dimming circuit for when you fire up the head lights.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Well rich didn't need my instruction. He probably knows more than I do on the subject.
Yeah I'm special ed when it comes I leds and the like

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It's not a difficult tech, you just need to be a complete nerd about it.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They run about 9 Lumens each right? So each at 50mA would put out roughly 135lu each side. I think that would be about right for DRLs. Then just run a separate dimming circuit for when you fire up the head lights.
since we dont usually use just the parking lights when the truck is on, they will only be on with the headlights, which is why I am considering just using the 120ohm resistors to run them at 30-35mA.
I have 68ohm here right now, to run them at full power, I will dry fit them in first to see what it looks like when dark, but chances are, will end up ordering the 120's, so I might as well do that now LMAO

Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran

It's not a difficult tech, you just need to be a complete nerd about it.
LOL truth. After this, the only exterior lights that wont be LED is the license plate lights. The side markers are plug and plays, I eventually would like to build a board with some SMD's but I think that will come next year, the plug and plays are more bright than the dinky incandescent that came in their place.

This time around i am not using the proto boards. I am using thin black plexi and using the proboard as a template for drilling the holes, then using the zipper/stich method on the back, which brings the legs of the leds together when bent back, so you can put a good solder joint on the legs, and gives a cleaner look as well.
I also think that the switchback circuits should be small enough as well where I can contain it all in the housing.

I for the life of me cant remember those good waterproof/weather resistant plugs that they sell. I need 3 prong ones if I were to ever need to remove them.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Should be nice when they are all done. The cree should do just fine over time. I didn't know you were looking, I have a brick of amber lumileds. Maybe one day I'll get around to those projects.

I installed new wiper blades yesterday!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Should be nice when they are all done. The cree should do just fine over time. I didn't know you were looking, I have a brick of amber lumileds. Maybe one day I'll get around to those projects.

I installed new wiper blades yesterday!
Son... of... a... Really? cause that is what I was looking for initially. Cree's make really good LED's, they are up at the top with lumileds, they are bright as hell.
But, I love me some lumileds, but could not find any, so this was second best.

Damnit. Next time I am looking for led's and cant find, I will message you, never know what you got LOL

But, from what I am reading, cree is at the top with lumi's.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:51 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered more engine part for the Blazer and a new throttle cable for the Silverado. Rebulding the Blazer engine (it's an engine, not a motor) wouldn't be a problem, except my job allows me no ****ing time for it.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by richphotos
Son... of... a... Really? cause that is what I was looking for initially. Cree's make really good LED's, they are up at the top with lumileds, they are bright as hell.
But, I love me some lumileds, but could not find any, so this was second best.

Damnit. Next time I am looking for led's and cant find, I will message you, never know what you got LOL

But, from what I am reading, cree is at the top with lumi's.
If it's not a 4pin led, I use Cree. XM-L FTW!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?