General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Beginning Member
jeff618 is on a distinguished road

Last week I ordered some new wiper blades from wipers123 cause they emailed me my annual inspection notice. Tried the new trico ice winter beam blades. Had 20 degree temps over the weekend and got our first snow in WI today. THEY ARE AWESOME!! Much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better than the old winter wipers with the rubber covering them. Bring on the WI winter!!

Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Vader
Got new LED off road lights mounted on the bumper! Just gotta get em wired up now.
Photos when done please.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Started on rust repair and body work a couple of weeks ago, hopefully by spring she's all painted up! I am welcoming ideas!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-day2-3-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20131118_130217.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20131125_085722.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20131122_104054.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20131120_132145.jpg  

Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Replaced crappy 1 year old driveworks idler arm with a moog. Much less slop in the steering. 20 min. job

Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Look at my build if you wanna know whats happening lol!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today, New fuel injector and nut kit. changed the oil, now waiting to go back to napa to get the right filter... (filter is on the block now)
then i can fill it up with oil, and start it.. and so help me god, if its not running right......

Old 11-26-2013, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran

Okay..... put ANOTHER new fuel injector in cause the other new was leaking out of the box, put in a new nut kit, no more fuel leaks.... still having rough idle. Everything else is perfect, flick the key, it starts, there really is no throttle lag from it running rough at idle. pulled up to a stop sign, hit the gas from the stop sign and rough idle and it accelerates perfect, get above idle RPM and it runs like a dream.
Tomorrow I am going to put a new #3 plug in, and clean the #4 plug on the passenger side, they could just be partially fouled.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Today I removed my old dash tweeters, bought new Polk 4x6s , & installed them. They sound great! Unfortunately though my speaker covers were so sun damaged that both cracked in half... Guess I'll be pulling new ones from the junk yard.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

picked up some more parts for the SAS of course details are in my build thread

Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 PM
BF Veteran

Still struggling with the jimmy to get it to run right, still stumbling at idle like I have a huge cam, like when a dragster pulls up to the line...
Then i give it gas and it runs perfect, until it gets to idle basically. accelerates perfect, just that damn idle.

so for I have replaced nut kit, injectors, fuel pump and TPS.
I think Friday I am going to check the timing, I noticed that the distributor is squeaking, not sure if that would effect idle.
I have Captain Hook being more than generous with his knowledge.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?