General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

repaired the smashed grill.

had chrome,bought black. i like it

Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Beginning Member
MoneyPit99BlazerLT is on a distinguished road

Just ordered the soldering iron...Thanks. Got rid of my circa 1987 iron that had a 50/50 chance of actually melting solder. Greater odds on a hot day.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

nothing

Old 01-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

I turned my rotors. They needed it badly, it was starting to crest grooves where the break pads sit.

I also changed out my factory Bilstein shocks with Rancho... Man there is a huge difference. My blazer is handling much better.

I've been having a lot going on with my truck, I'm debating starting a build thread with all that I have already done, and with the more that I plan to do...

Oh yeah, I also found out that I have some kind of nasty leak of some random fluid coming from some undisclosed location. I'm thinking and hoping that it is break fluid from when I slightly over filled the reservoir.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dark Rider
I turned my rotors. They needed it badly, it was starting to crest grooves where the break pads sit.

I also changed out my factory Bilstein shocks with Rancho... Man there is a huge difference. My blazer is handling much better.

I've been having a lot going on with my truck, I'm debating starting a build thread with all that I have already done, and with the more that I plan to do...

Oh yeah, I also found out that I have some kind of nasty leak of some random fluid coming from some undisclosed location. I'm thinking and hoping that it is break fluid from when I slightly over filled the reservoir.
I am curious on why you turned them instead of replacing? These days it is more cost effective to replace than it is to turn/resurface.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Wrestling with 4wd. Have a vacuum up top. Replaced actuator last fall. Put in new vac switch and new line from source to switch. Next will replace line to actuator. Transfer case works, And can hear tccm working. If new line to actuator doesnt work I`m putting in a cable

Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Skip the headache and go cable now you won't regret it!!

Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I am curious on why you turned them instead of replacing? These days it is more cost effective to replace than it is to turn/resurface.
Well, I tend to buy "performance parts" that cost more money than the usual cheap replacements. The rotors I have on now are much thicker than standard replacements to allow multiple turns instead of whole replacement. (Along with other benefits such as less warping) I went this route because a new set of cheap rotors cost ~35, but need to be replaced along with your brakes. The set I bought were ~50, and can be turned 2-4 times before being too thin to replace.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Skip the headache and go cable now you won't regret it!!
yeah I know, would ve been done 2 days ago! Its like a mission now.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
robsteez is on a distinguished road

I put on some friggin lawn edging fender flairs the other day, it only cost me 5 bucks and looks decent.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-robsteez-56368-albums-blazer-33-s-7494-picture-lawn-edging-fender-flairs-28199.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?