General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What was the longest trip you had with your Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Beginning Member
MB4x4 is on a distinguished road
Cool What was the longest trip you had with your Blazer?

Well we (me and my wife) spontaneously went on a 6600km trip last summer (4,124 miles) with our Jimmy, all we packed were some clothes, the camera, air mattresses and blankets. We did not really think much about where to go, we decided in the evening before we left that we'll do a road trip on the next day.
We slept most of the time in the Jimmy, thanks to the nicely folding down rear seats and the tinted windows it was no problem at all.
We started our trip in Manitoba, Canada and went to Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota (Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Black Hills), Wyoming (Cody, Yellowstone National Park), Montana, British Columbia (Kootenay National Park, Banff), Alberta (Jasper, Edmonton Mall, Calgary, Dinosaur Park) and nonstop back thru Saskatchewan (oh wait we stopped at Tim Horton's in Regina lol) to Manitoba.
We had a great time, it took us about two weeks. All the stuff we missed to pack we bought on our trip, when we came home the car was packed. It was amazing to see how the scenery changes, every day it seemed we were in a whole different country, from prairie to mountains to snow to desert - we had it all!
The Jimmy performed great, the only thing that broke was a front wheel bearing, it started to make noises about 1000km from home, but we made it back!
One day, after going uphill to 10000ft the tranny and radiator overheated, so we had to take a 30min rest. Another Blazer driver stopped and offered us help and gave me useful tips how to drive the Jimmy in the mountains ("don't go WOT uphill for 30 mins in "D", man").
The only thing I wished for was a better gas mileage. We had to fill up about every 500kms.

I wanted to do another trip this summer but we recently had a baby, so I guess that's not possible any more.
What was the longest trip you had with your Blazer or Jimmy?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

Wow thats alot of miles in 1 trip, The longest i have at 1 time would be about 900miles to the Indy 500 and back. Congrats on those miles!

Old 05-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Denver, co to st George, Utah to Iowa park, Texas back to Utah then back to Denver.

yeah... around 3400 miles.

hehe..

Last edited by Brian_D; 05-09-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Ummm...from San Diego, CA to Gulfport, MS. Total miles of 191,XXX over the last 9 1/2 years and the trip isn't over yet.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I have never actually been out of North Carolina with my Blazer. The furthest I have gone is to Columbia, NC. Its about a 3-hour drive. Probably taking it on a trip to DC coming up though. A cousin of mine from Arizona is coming here on vacation as a graduation present from here family, so I'm gonna drive her and my great aunt up to DC for the day.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

I've never taken my Blazer more than about 100 yards out of Maryland. (Literally, my friend lives right on the Mason Dixon line, and going to his house is the only time I've been out of MD with the Blazer). So I really haven't gone far, but my girlfriend and I plan to go to Alaska sometime in the future, if we still have the Blazer we're taking that. If not, I'll more than likely have another Blazer which we'll be taking

-Joe

Old 05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Newport, NC to Lewsiville, NC. Bout 5 hours in the K5. The only problem I had was going up hills... when the speed limit is 70 and you top out at around 85... you tend to bog a little bit. Scared the crap out of me till I realized I was on a hill...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

3200 miles round trip. From eastern New York to Arkansas and back. I got about 21 mpg.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

250 miles one way

Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

while i've only done a maximum round trip of 520kms (323 miles) in my Blazer-but i do that trip every 2 to 3 weeks, from May to October

i've done a round trip of 2750kms (1710 miles) down to Knoxville, in my '92 Jimmy a couple of times.

in 1971, my Dad & his two younger brothers drove down the East coast of Canada/US, into the pan handle, back around the Gulf & into Mexico for about 100 miles (when a guy with a M16 simply said "Pasport?", they left), back up the West coast of the US, into Canada, and back across the Praires to Ontario. took them 3 months.

sounds like you had a blast of a trip. hope you remembered to take a s**t load of pic's while you were gone.

Quick Reply: What was the longest trip you had with your Blazer?