General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what model do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Beginning Member
mattd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what model do I have?

I was thinking of switching back to oem wipers, so I started to do some online research. I have a 2002 Blazer LS 2wd 4D. For some reason, when I go to pick the model for that year I get an S-10 option and a trailblazer option. I still have the original window sticker and nowhere does it say S-10 or Trailblazer, nor does it say either of these on the vehicle. Then, when I go to choose the rear wiper, it asks if it has a long or short wheelbase. How do I know which one I have?

I then called my local dealer and they asked for the same information, S-10 or Trailblazer. If someone could provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have the s-series truck, not the newer GMT360/370 platform truck.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If the side of the vehicle does not say trailblazer... its an s10 blazer... its just that the blazer was based on the s10 platform..

Old 10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

It's an S10 blazer, standard wheelbase.

Trailblazer was a package like the older s10s ( s10 tahoe, s10 durango) it was a limited run (99-02 i think) not the Chevy Jeep Liberty you're thinking of.

Your truck is an "S10 Blazer". It came about when the blazer got fetal alchol syndrome and stopped growing, and all of the full size options died out.

As for wheelbase, i think that only applies to s10 pick ups...

Hope that helps some.

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even the dealerships cannot remember what GM named it. In 95, the S10 moniker was dropped from the mini suv product line. 1994 was the last year for the fullsize Blazer, after which it became Tahoe.

Back to the s-series trucks. The Trailblazer trim package was offered on 1999 thru 2001 Blazers. In 2002, GM released the GMT360/370 product line with the Trailblazer as a whole new vehicle. Also included were the Olds Bravada and GMC Envoy. Later to include the Saab 9-7x, Buick Rainier, and Isuzu Ascender (all three launched in 2003).

So regardless of what GM called it, many places did not keep up and still called it the s10 blazer that it always has been.

As stated, you have an S10 Blazer. The wheelbase is dictated by the number of doors. That should be all of the information you need to get the parts you require. If someplace needs more information...

Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Beginning Member
mattd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I have never ordered oem for my blazer, when I have purchased parts in the past it has always been advance or autozone, napa, etc. And I think they have always just asked for the engine size, number of doors, etc.

swartlkk,

Since I have 4 doors, I probably have the long wheelbase then?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mattd
swartlkk,

Since I have 4 doors, I probably have the long wheelbase then?
That would be an affirmative.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran

4 = Long, 2 dr = short ... Hmm. Learn something new every time I log in... should have figured that one out though

Old 10-28-2009, 06:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

but the wheelbase has nothing to do with the "S" series Blazer's/Jimmy's, that only applies to the TB's, Envoy's. (you couldn't order a 2 door on a 4 door chassis)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran

Tracking that part. i just never put the "2 or 4 door" question with the "long or short base" questions before.
and technically.... with $$$, you could order whatever the F you want...

Quick Reply: what model do I have?