General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What parts are interchangeable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Starting Member
newblazrboy is on a distinguished road
Default body lift parts

whats up guys? can anyone tell me if a S10 body lift from yrs 89-04 will fit on my 02 Blazer? I'm having more luck finding lifts for the s10 and want to know if they're interchangeable or will it not fit my blazer? thinking of doing 2-3" body, with 2" shackles, and an add-a-leaf.

thanks

Last edited by newblazrboy; 03-23-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Rollings
what year model blazer can i get a rear hatch off of ...i have a 99 blazer
Should be any '97+ if you have the flip up rear lift gate (everything goes up). If you have the tailgate that flips down, then I believe that they were unchanged throughout 2nd gen production (95-05).

Originally Posted by newblazrboy
whats up guys? can anyone tell me if a S10 body lift from yrs 89-04 will fit on my 02 Blazer? I'm having more luck finding lifts for the s10 and want to know if they're interchangeable or will it not fit my blazer?

thanks
The pickup has more body mounts that are also in different locations when compared to the suvs. The front three mount locations are pretty much similar, however the bed is simply bolted on in the pickups while the suvs have two additional rubber mounts at the back. So a lift for a pickup will not contain the proper items for an suv.

If you are having trouble finding the appropriate body lift for your truck, try using a lower year. For some reason, some manufacturers think that Blazer production ended after 2001.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Starting Member
AJ King is on a distinguished road

The back glass on my 99 Blazer shattered the other night, and I'm trying to figure out what year models are compatible with mine so I can replace it without going broke. It's a full size, and I have an offer from someone with a 95 Blazer who is willing to sell the whole back door, but I can't for the life of me figure out if the 95 would be interchangeable with my 99. I've dug all over the internet and this is the best place I've found to ask, so if anyone here could help I would very much appreciate it.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM
BirchyBoy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJ King
The back glass on my 99 Blazer shattered the other night, and I'm trying to figure out what year models are compatible with mine so I can replace it without going broke. It's a full size, and I have an offer from someone with a 95 Blazer who is willing to sell the whole back door, but I can't for the life of me figure out if the 95 would be interchangeable with my 99. I've dug all over the internet and this is the best place I've found to ask, so if anyone here could help I would very much appreciate it.
The junk yards in my area ask what I'm looking for then they give me a list of models that are compatible. Makes it pretty easy to find things.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Starting Member
AJ King is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BirchyBoy
The junk yards in my area ask what I'm looking for then they give me a list of models that are compatible. Makes it pretty easy to find things.
They did ask me what I was looking for, but they weren't able to give me a list, and I haven't been able to find one online so far. The guy I was talking to said he was "pretty sure" it would fit, but their computer system was down or something so he couldn't verify it. Either way he couldn't confirm for me whether it would work or not, which is why I'm here.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Starting Member
Kelly Seagraves is on a distinguished road
Default Chevy Blazer

Will the parts from a 2000 Chevy Blazer for in a 1996 Chevy Blazer? Like the drivers door, hood, a-frame, passenger, fender, driver side back door, ect???

Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Body parts are interchangeable. But the front grill varies certain years and models, example, no taking blazer grill for gmc grill without lights and rad support I believe...

Old 08-07-2021, 05:01 AM
Starting Member
DaBLazer4209 is on a distinguished road

2001 has dual exhaust and tow hitch receiver?? And rims and tires I know about that one but any advice about the others?

Old 08-07-2021, 05:07 AM
Starting Member
DaBLazer4209 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DaBLazer4209
2001 has dual exhaust and tow hitch receiver?? And rims and tires I know about that one but any advice about the others?
get this I want the tow hitch and exhaust from the 2001 blazer (that's not starting) how would I go about that. Taking Taking parts from a 2001(not running) -To a 1999 Chevy blazer(Running)209888 mileage

Old 09-14-2021, 03:17 PM
Tony6072 is on a distinguished road
Default Wanted: 2000 blazer 4dr. 4wd rear bumper interchange.

I am looking to find what years interchange with 2000 blazer 4door 4wd. Need end covers too.

Quick Reply: What parts are interchangeable?