General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What PSI Should I Put in my Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What PSI Should I Put in my Tires?

I was wondering what the highest pressure is I can safely run in my tires. I'm starting a job with a long commute and I'd like the best possible mileage. I've been running them at 30psi so far. Here's what it says on my tire:

Also, my spare tire has the same specs. How much pressure should be in it while its in storage? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails What PSI Should I Put in my Tires?-cam00098.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

34ish. maybe 36. i run 34. decent mileage.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

32-35 seems about right. If you are including your spare when rotating your tires, keep it the same as the rest, otherwise 50, as they usually get neglected as lose air slowly over time.

You can put a line of chalk across your tire, drive on it for a couple miles, and see where it wears the chalk off. Chalk worn off in the middle of the face of the tire means pressure is too high, and too low if its worn off toward the sides of the tire.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I generally try to keep mine at about 40psi on the street, the ride is not to bad and I seem to get the best mileage there.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

the ones I have on my truck are 35 max, I run them at 32

Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zball94
I was wondering what the highest pressure is I can safely run in my tires. I'm starting a job with a long commute and I'd like the best possible mileage. I've been running them at 30psi so far. Here's what it says on my tire:

Also, my spare tire has the same specs. How much pressure should be in it while its in storage? Thanks!
With a max psi of 50 you can safely run them at 50 but you will wear the centers out of the tires unless you haul a lot of weight around with you daily. It would also ride like a tank but the mileage would be better.

IMO you would be best off running them between 34 and 40 psi. See what works best for you. I usually like to run a few pounds more in the front than the back to account for the engine weight. Try 36 in the fronts and 34 in the rear to start. To me 30 psi is too low for a 50 psi max tire.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

IMO, since they are 50, I would run them around 40

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

mine are the same (50psi) and i have been running them at 45 when i am loaded down for a trip. otherwise i run them about 38-40.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Twip
mine are the same (50psi) and i have been running them at 45 when i am loaded down for a trip. otherwise i run them about 38-40.
You are doing it right. I am running mind at 32, they are 35 max. Its good for these. have been like that since I got them, and they are wearing perfectly.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

I run mine at 40 . BFG but I air the up using the drift thru method, that is . Right now I have one tire that looses about 4 pounds a wheek the others 4 pounds a month. The one that looses all the air gets pumped up to 43 pounds and when I air up that one tire is about 5 pounds lower than the others.

Quick Reply: What PSI Should I Put in my Tires?