General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What type of gas do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What type of gas do you use?

Do you use just regular Unleaded without Ethonal or Unleaded with Ethonal.

Most of the time I just used the regular but since its cheaper with ethonal Im trying it to see if I acctually get worse mileage or not. I did with my old car so I thought I would try with the Blazer.

How does Ethonal affect your mileage?

Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What type of gas do you use?

With my Bravada and Bonneville, I actually got slightly better fuel mileage with the 10% ethanol blend after the fuel system was cleaned by it.

What happens most often is you get fuel deposits that build up in the fuel system over time. Ethanol will clean these deposits off quite quickly. So quickly sometimes that you will get noticably worse performance initially as these deposits are being flushed out.

What I'd recommend is not to just try an ethanol blend for a few tanks, try it for a few months. And after a month or two, change your fuel filter.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

To my knowledge, there isn't a gas station here in town that sells 10% ethanol, but a few weeks ago when my son was in the hospital in Knoxville I visited the Pilot gas station between here and there, and not only did I like the fact that the gas was about 10 cents cheaper per gallon, I actually seemed to get better mileage. I wish there were a place nearby where I could use it each time I fill up to do a more accurate comaparison. I don't know of any other gas stations that sell 10% ethanol besides Pilot.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always use the regular with 10% ethanol. I like that it cleans the system, and it does seem to run better on it.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the 89 octane with 10% ethanol. Most stations around here it is cheaper then 87 octane without the ethanol.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I use 89 Octane with whatever chevron/76 slaps in the mix.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I use BP 87octane, and 93 when I'm pulling. I've never usedethanol before, the closest eth station to my house is thePilot in Raleigh, and thats nearly 45 miles away.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I always get my fuel at the same place, for all 3 vehicles. I run 87 in my Blazer and Lumina, and 93 in my Caprice. About 2 months ago, they added 10% Ethenol to all their fuel, and the mileage hasn't changed in my Blazer, I really can't say about the Caprice, because I often run that car HARD,and the Lumina went from getting 23.6 MPG to 26.7 MPG!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I get regular 87 with 10% ethanol but if I can I try to get regular 87 w/o ethanol, when I drive long highway trips I put in 89midgrade gets me a little better highway mileage. Just my conclusions.

-Lenny

Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

I always use premium and super in my blazer and topaz, although as good as my topaz is on gas it don't really matter, just hit 50,000 miles. 30cty/48hwy mpg with 4 banger.

Quick Reply: What type of gas do you use?