General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What would you do?

Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
specialty8 is on a distinguished road
Default What would you do?

Need a little advice folks. Right now I have 2 Blazers and the wife will be making me get rid of one here before to long. My first one is a 99 ZR2 that I bought cheap in need of a transmission. Put in a used one and did some other things like paint the flares and a real good detailing. Nice clean truck and has 204,000 on it. The Said he had done some engine work over time but never said what. I do know it has newer intake gaskets, heater core, water pump etc. My other is a 01 LS 2 door 4X4. Just now getting it back together from freezing and blowing freeze plugs and cracking the heads. Used heads, new Felpro top end gaskets, Vacuum lines and now runs real good. Also clean truck but needs a fender yet due to some dents. It has 104,000 miles. I just put a set of 31's on it and it looks pretty good now. Both of these have been alot of work and I would like to keep both but that ain't going to happen. You kinda get attached to them after all the work. My question is which one should I keep? Or maybe I should sell both and get a low mileage ZR2. What you guys think?

Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

id go zr2. better everything. it runs good. keep it.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:53 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Id say keep the Zr2, but realistically id probably keep whichever one has the cleaner body/interior.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 AM

That's the way I am leaning but like I said after so much time with them they become like an old friend. I can find another low mile motor for my ZR2 if I should need one and it has one small rust spot behind the right door that I intend to weld up this spring with a repair panel. The LS has a great body and better paint, low miles, seems snapier but has not been on the road since 2010 and it seems to be fine driving it around here on private roads. My daughter would like to have it but I would only get about 1 payment and the rest would be a loss. You know how that goes.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

put the money from the sold one into the kept one also. And keep the better parts off the sold one

Old 03-07-2014, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Would it be cheaper to keep both and get a new wife?

Just trying to think outside the box...lol

Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

hell if u had time why not swap motors from the ZR2 and the other that way u have a low mileage motor (well lower lol) and a decent truck ZR2 are the better of the two and you can sell the other to the daughter just make sure she does a down payment like a dealer does lol that way u get a good amount of money at the start lol just my 2 cents

Old 03-09-2014, 12:11 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Would it be cheaper to keep both and get a new wife?

Just trying to think outside the box...lol
X2 get rid of the wife and live happily ever after!!!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
X2 get rid of the wife and live happily ever after!!!
That's just cold!!!!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by specialty8

That's just cold!!!!
Yeah, well maybe alittle but funny none the less!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you do?