General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What's This?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default What's This?

Found a small rattle behind the glove box.
Bulb Holder? (There is also one under the drivers side). Strangely, there is no bulb ineither & I wonder why. From the "Burn" mark it could be a bigger bulb but with a wedge fitting (194?). Clearly something had been there before. Do Blazers come with lighting for the floor?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: What's This?

Yea my blazer is all lit up in the footwells under the dash. Those are the bulb holders as you figured out. The little clip on the underside is where the screw goes through to hold it in place.

I was about to type 'theres one on the drivers side by the OBD port'...but...with your RHD...my footwell is your glove box area! Wild... And mine has a matching burn mark, but I figure its ok since it burned all the troublesome plastic out of the way for me, it fits nicely now

Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
BF Veteran

What sort of bulb should be there? There's none in the holders.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

It was a smaller bulb...looked like 194 if I remember right...but if no one else knows ill go pop mine out when I get home and letcha know!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks mate.