General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Where was she made?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Beginning Member
01Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where was she made?

Would people be interested in where their Blazer was made? According to Wikipedia, there are a number of possibilities:
The S-series SUVs, so named because they were based on the Chevrolet S-10 and GMC S-15 pickup trucks, were produced in Pontiac, Michigan, Linden, New Jersey, Moraine, Ohio, Shreveport, Louisiana, and São Paulo, Brazil.

Maybe if we look at where everyone's vehicle comes from, we can see patterns for certain mechanical problem. I don't know how one finds out where their vehicle was made, maybe encoded in the VIN?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Where was she made?

Yes, definitely coded into the vin. The 11th character is the assembly plant designation.

For a 2000, the options are:
K - Linden, NJ
8 - Shreveport, LA
2 - Moraine, OH
X - E.E.M.S. (I cannot find any further info on this location)

Looking back at what information I have on the older models, it does not show Pontiac, MI or São Paulo, Brazil. This could just be that the S-series trucks were assembled there, but not specifically the suv variants.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Found these when I was running all my RPO codes recently:

VX1- FLEET PROGRAM 75% GUARANTEED REPURCHASE
GMC- PLANT CODE, "PONTIAC, MI, USA"

going by those id say its safe to say 1st gen s-series blazers at minimum were produced in pontiac, MI. or maybe just fleet vehicles /shrug dont know that much about it just what looking up the RPO showed me.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

With mine there is a sticker on the driver's doorjamb face that says it was made in Linden, NJ.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

With mine there is a sticker on the driver's doorjamb face that says it was made in Linden, NJ.
Same here, I have one in the doorjamb, NJ too.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: riceh8r0512

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Same here, I have one in the doorjamb, NJ too.
Jenna was born there as well.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Even my JapaneseBlazer was made in NJ.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
1991whiteoutblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was made in Moraine.

Interestingly, I toured the Moraine plant about the time my truck was made...I wonder if I could have seen it while I was there.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Beginning Member
01Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

I toured the corvette plant in Bowling Green when I was passing through in '05. Corvette in my future? Ya, baby;-P

As for my trouble-free baby, it too was made in Linden, NJ! They got one right that day!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 AM
G_78_91_k5blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a LMC truck catalogue, it has a vin break down in the front pages.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where was she made?