General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Why do you love your Blazer/Jimmy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
rickmfromnh is on a distinguished road
Default Why do you love your Blazer/Jimmy?

Everyone has a story about why they love their Blazer. Mine is due to owning a 1990 S10 Blazer and doing a newspaper delivery route. That rig kept me safe durning many bad winter nights. My current 2001 has had its many many issues, but it carries the smae spirit of protection and determination as my 1990. What is your reason?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

My dad bought an 89 chevy blazer out of the show room . When i was born on dec 12 1992 they brought me home in this truck in a blizzard. I mostly grew in this truck and fell in love with it when i got older. Turns out to be that the truck got totaled in the back with a 18 wheeler accident . According to the report the guy had no brakes.

Any ways my uncle bought a 92 also out of the show room and now they bought him a new 2010 jeep . the blazers been sitting in the garage for a few months and i told him id buy it .

HE said take it get it out of my garage . SO i got plates insurance and other the other mumbo jumbo and now its here all modded and stuff.

This is why i love my blazer . Its reliable Safe and i have many more years of driving her all over.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
rickmfromnh is on a distinguished road

That's awesome. Feel bad the 89 though. My 90 was given to me by my dad. It had a plow and everything. I do miss it.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea it was a great truck the rig ended up bending the frame or it would be fixed

the 92 i had for 2 years already

Old 08-23-2011, 04:40 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

My dad used to have an old Trans Am... well you can't fit me with all my baby stuff in the back of one, so he bought his 79 K5 Blazer and I grew up in that truck. I remember countless Birthdays and Christmas' that I didn't want to wait to get to my dad's house to open the presents, so he would bring them to pick me up and he would take the key out of the ignition while driving so I could open them. lol. When the time came for me to get my first vehicle the choice was obvious!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

it was 300 bucks and the turd wont die. also chevys seems to be the easiest to work on

Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Because :P

Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

It was my favorite color with everything I wanted in a vehicle, not to mention a steal of a deal. I'm very happy with it and plan to keep it for a long long time

Old 08-24-2011, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

What got me started was i was 17,purchased a 2wd 91 that was lowered,shaved,etc with a 350 ,manual,and 4.11 gears. I fell in love with it. Then the motor had alot of issues and i sold it for 500.00(BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!) I was not as mechanic savvy as i am today. and i wanted a camaro that had the crummy 3.4 in it which blew a month after having it. I found my current blazer for less then 600.00,needed a fuel pump and ive been somewhat happy since. I just want my old one back

Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I bought it and paid for it completely by myself, which is an achievement to me at my age.

It handles winter easily, summer handily, can be parked and driven easy due to being so small. Is ideal for hauling my hockey and golf gear. Friends like it as well. It hasn't had a single engine related problem in 2 years since I bought it. She's a keeper lol.

Quick Reply: Why do you love your Blazer/Jimmy?