Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Why do you love your Blazer/Jimmy? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/why-do-you-love-your-blazer-jimmy-62413/)

m3ch 08-24-2011 06:41 AM

welllllllll my daddy bought it about 6 years ago now i think, he gave it to me when i was 15, sat in my moms yard for a year till i got my license at 16, my 1st baby came when i was 17, fit us perfectly! and about 4 months ago, another joined, so now it still fits us, theres enough room and i love it =)
(baby 1 : Nikolai almost 2 years old, born Oct.28
baby 2 : William - 4 months old now, born April 12)

all in all, its great, not bad like most people say =p

antman94 08-24-2011 07:47 AM

2001 Jimmy

3 reasons I love my Jimmy

1. Im stuck in a family af very small compact cars, I wanted to break free.

2. My dad had an 89' 2 door 4x4 blazer from 89'-99' that I have vague memories of. (Born 1994) He still talks about how great the truck was and how much fun it was to drive.

3. I bought my Jimmy in dec. 10' and it has broken down constantly. But I only had my permit at the time so I looked at as more of a learning expirience then a piece of S*%t.

Best $3300 I ever spent

AJBert 08-24-2011 06:52 PM

I bought mine based off of driving my brother's Bronco II offroad. I saw just how nimble a small, well equipped 4X4 is offroad.

Being as I am a GM guy, when I saw three ZR2's sitting on the dealer lot, I knew I had to do some research. I did and liked what I read.

I bought the black one instead of the red or blue one. It was SUPPOSED to be a second vehicle for me for hunting and fishing (had an elk in the back with 1700 miles on it!). Ended up being my primary vehicle due to the wife convincing me to sell my '90 C1500 to our son (one of the worst mistakes I've ever made).

It's never let me down on the trail and the only time it has stranded me was when the fuel pump finally quit, with 197K on the odometer. Luckily, it was just a few miles from the house.

I won't say it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. The '90 C1500 owns that distinction. It is easily the second best I've ever owned, though.

warthogdriver 08-24-2011 07:27 PM

i bought mine 6 years ago...i went from an s10 cab and half four banger to my current 99. i consider it to be one of my better buys...got it for 5000 with 100k on the clock.
now with almost 230k on it i have gotten my moneys worth and more out of it.
i love it all around...easy to work on....easy to mod and fun to drive.
i plan on keeping it till my kids can drive...then maybe..just maybe i will hand it down.

Benedict1337 08-24-2011 10:21 PM

I love my blazer because its awesome, even thou its dead I still like to look at it... sitting in the street with a million spider webs on it, was a good truck. still think it looks better than my 4runner

Rottidog 08-24-2011 11:07 PM

Why do I love my blazer?: Because when I'm old & grey (nm, I shave my head) with all the money I've put into it I can sell it as a retirement fund.

Rottidog 08-24-2011 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver (Post 455609)
i bought mine 6 years ago...i went from an s10 cab and half four banger to my current 99. i consider it to be one of my better buys...got it for 5000 with 100k on the clock.
now with almost 230k on it i have gotten my moneys worth and more out of it.
i love it all around...easy to work on....easy to mod and fun to drive.
i plan on keeping it till my kids can drive...then maybe..just maybe i will hand it down.

Hmmmm a teeanger in a vehicle like that, that dad has spent years on building up to make it his, tweak it here n there & WOW RIGHT ON MAN WE HAVE A 4X4 to go parying in!!!
Lets see how fast it can get through THIS ditch!

uhhhh NO! I can't see it lol

Benedict1337 08-24-2011 11:54 PM

lol I wish I had a dad as cool as you... lol my dad wanted to sell me his mountaineer.... ew

bbaile13` 08-25-2011 12:07 AM

always loved Chevy my stepdad gave me my 1st one when i turned 18.it was a 89 s10 4cyl 4speed and was in our family for many years...as young men do i blew it up and didn't care much to fix it at the time and scraped it...I currently have a 96 blazer 4x4 i bought just last week and love it...

shade tree 08-25-2011 10:02 AM

Well.....I'd have to say I have a love/hate relationship with my '01. A very nice ride.....when it doesn't have one of the many,many problems they are prone to..