General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

stock rears on my 04 is 17%. i have 20% on my front two. going to do the windshield eventually because of how screwed up my eyes are.

I have some photo phobia thing were direct sunlight, fluorescent bulbs, and anything else bothers my eyes to the point i'm somewhat blind. So, i legally can go as dark as i want... i'm thinking about having my tint guy do a 5% overlay on the stock rear three windows. the only problem is trying to see out it at night is already hard enough with stock.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:36 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Looks good.

You can't see in my windows, even at night with the interior dome lights on.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
stock rears on my 04 is 17%. i have 20% on my front two. going to do the windshield eventually because of how screwed up my eyes are.

I have some photo phobia thing were direct sunlight, fluorescent bulbs, and anything else bothers my eyes to the point i'm somewhat blind. So, i legally can go as dark as i want... i'm thinking about having my tint guy do a 5% overlay on the stock rear three windows. the only problem is trying to see out it at night is already hard enough with stock.
Me too. Except I haven't actually been diagnosed with anything for it yet, but I have a hard time driving at night, especially when it's wet or rainy. Even with my glasses on.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

my biggest problem at night is oncoming traffic headlights. they draw my attention and when i look i end up staring directly at the headlight. the worst is when i'm at my GF's house where there are no street lights and its 2 lane highways. brights on and some people forget and leave them on as they pass. thats my justification for wanting windshield tinted.

that and its another security bonus.

anyways, 35% looks pretty good on the yours kiwi. i love seeing pictures of your truck