General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Winterizing

Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default Winterizing

I am going to store the blazer in the garage for the winter. Is there anything I should do to it to winterize it?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've heard of using some sort of fuel stabilizer, but that would be for longer storage. Really you're only looking at a few months storage so I don't think anything major would have to be done to it. My buddy stores his car all winter long and never did anything to it. Didn't have any problem starting it come spring.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM

yeah i plan on putting some stabilizer in it. wasnt sure if there was anything else i should do. It will be in storage starting in a few weeks and will come out sometime in april. depending on when the snows gone

Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Put some sta-bil in the gas tank and fill the tank before you put it away. That should keep it fresh over the winter months and cut down on the potential for evaporation.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sta-bil...thats the name of it. I couldn't think of what it was called lol. Will it be in a heated garage?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Sta-bil...thats the name of it. I couldn't think of what it was called lol. Will it be in a heated garage?

Why would a heated garage matter?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Basically, to winterize... undercoat the bottom and drive the **** outta her while having more fun than you can imagine in the snow... lol...

Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by The_Beast
Why would a heated garage matter?
Heated garage vs. being parked outside all winter would change the way I would winterize a vehicle...but maybe thats just me? If it's going to be parked somewhere exposed to the elements for months on end then I'd take some more steps to protect it...

Originally Posted by wlorton
Basically, to winterize... undercoat the bottom and drive the **** outta her while having more fun than you can imagine in the snow... lol...
And he's winterizing it to park it all winter lol.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sisk
Heated garage vs. being parked outside all winter would change the way I would winterize a vehicle...but maybe thats just me? If it's going to be parked somewhere exposed to the elements for months on end then I'd take some more steps to protect it...

And he's winterizing it to park it all winter lol.
this i know... it was a joke...

Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 PM

it will be in the garage all winter. Its not really heated unless im working out there. which i plan to be out the as much as i can since I have a lot of projects planed. hehe.

Also before it was insulated it rarely got below freezing. Its now insulated so not sure how cold it will get in there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winterizing