General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Witnessed a wreck zr2/90 model chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Witnessed a wreck zr2/90 model chevy truck

Sitting at the red light, Light turns green and the blazer starts to pull out and this 90s model chevy truck slammed the driver side fender, totally caved the blazers front end. the chevy truck didn't look as bad, but i was more focused on the blazer so i wasn't paying much attention to the other guy, heh.

Everyone was okay enough to yell at each other so i guess there wasn't any bad injuries, they should be thankful that the blazer wasn't 2 feet further out it could have been way worse!

Even seeing a bad wreck is crazy feeling, kind of sureal. if i had left the house 3 minutes sooner that probably would have been me..

All though i look both ways regardless if the light is green..

Anyways, there is my story! heh.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Brian_D
Sitting at the red light, Light turns green and the blazer starts to pull out and this 90s model chevy truck slammed the driver side fender, totally caved the blazers front end. the chevy truck didn't look as bad, but i was more focused on the blazer so i wasn't paying much attention to the other guy, heh.

Everyone was okay enough to yell at each other so i guess there wasn't any bad injuries, they should be thankful that the blazer wasn't 2 feet further out it could have been way worse!

Even seeing a bad wreck is crazy feeling, kind of sureal. if i had left the house 3 minutes sooner that probably would have been me..

All though i look both ways regardless if the light is green..

Anyways, there is my story! heh.
You mean like this?

1997 Honda Accord Vs. 1997 Chevrolet Blazer NHTSA Front-Angled Impact - YouTube

Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 PM

In the worst case scenario yes. that would have been people dmg.

They were lucky.

Is it bad that i wanted to ask the tow truck where the blazer was going?

:P

Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Brian_D
In the worst case scenario yes. that would have been people dmg.

They were lucky.

Is it bad that i wanted to ask the tow truck where the blazer was going?

:P
Haha nice, let me guess. Fender flares?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tibby
Haha nice, let me guess. Fender flares?
hehe, nah. seats, tire carrier, and whatever else that isn't destroyed lol.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

them fullsize chevys can take some hits. i hit a new bmw suv head on with my 1990 in a 45mph zone. i skidded for a bit so maybe 25-30mph, my front end was jacked cause i hit the front corner of his truck dead middle of my truck (inbetween the frame rails) cause he turned in front of me, i still drove it home. frame was barely damaged, just like the first 1 inch. they were fine and i was fine, had that little stiff neck crap and my shin hit the bottom of the dash.

i hear new cars are supposed to be safer but id rather be in a full frame vehicle then a little plastic car when it comes down to it

Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM

agreed

Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Years ago on my way home from work I was stopped at a crosswalk 3 cars back in my '80 Sierra Grande 4x4. Started mucking with my new stereo while I waited & I heard screeching tires behind me. I look up at the rear view & I see this Corolla nose down, driver turning the wheel towards the turning lane, passenger all deer eyed & him freaking out - all in a second. Then he lets go of the brakes & the car swerves to the left & hits my bumper just on the outside of the frame.

I STOOD up on the brakes because I didn't want to hit the car infront of me & he hits me. Moved my 5000lb truck with 31's a good 5' or so from a dead stop. My bumper was bent towards the quarter panel & his cowl was under it! Hood all wrinkled, engine twisted & the top parts all skimmed off, passenger wet herself & refused to get out of the car lol.
I smoked my head on the rear window, said I'm fine to the paramedics, went home, had dinner, showered & went to the bar in the truck. They were towed & totaled & I didn't even file a claim - war wounds on the brick chit house of a truck that was.

Yup I love a full frame & that truck was awsome with the exception of the saddle bag style twin fuel tanks - dangerous in a side impact collision.
My fiancé's at the time (ex) father was a Ford fanatic shhhhhhhhh he says... what? You can hear it rusting! Oh F O lol I said... then I towed his wifes Tempo back from the lake :-)
Called that truck BOB - Bucket of Bolts or Beast of Burden.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 PM

dang, glad you didn't get hurt bad bro!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 PM
slowsinglecam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by abig84
i hear new cars are supposed to be safer but id rather be in a full frame vehicle then a little plastic car when it comes down to it
X2 On that. Thats why I traded my Civic for a big body Buick for the wife to drive. lol

Quick Reply: Witnessed a wreck zr2/90 model chevy truck