General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

wlorton: you need this!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Exclamation wlorton: you need this!

I was driving in to work this morning when I was greeted by this intimidating S of a B. It was so awesome I dropped into the middle lane and slowed down to let this cat pass so i could get a shot of his massive DIY bumper.

This bad boy has clearance for days, houses a winch, and since it's primer grey, is easy to touch up. With this pig you could clip a rhinoceros with out busting up your front end!

i need 2 of these

Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
I was driving in to work this morning when I was greeted by this intimidating S of a B. It was so awesome I dropped into the middle lane and slowed down to let this cat pass so i could get a shot of his massive DIY bumper.

This bad boy has clearance for days, houses a winch, and since it's primer grey, is easy to touch up. With this pig you could clip a rhinoceros with out busting up your front end!

i need 2 of these
Yea, one to cover that grille of yours and the other cuz your UW skillz!

Just joking! but yea it would be better if there was a little more attention to detail.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If you get a hold of that guy or where its from... let me know...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

it was a homemade jobber.
i just thought of you and wrapping a buck around it at 60 mph.... it looks like it could take a thurough beating though

Old 01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Looks like he should have made it taller by the dent in his hood. OR maybe that is the reason he made it lol

Notice how the front end is low? I wonder how much that buggar weighs?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If it's steel it weighs alot... don't drop that sucker on your toe when you're installing it, or you'll be cursing for days.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
If it's steel it weighs alot... don't drop that sucker on your toe when you're installing it, or you'll be cursing for days.
If it's aluminum it would have to have a steel sub-frame for the winch.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Its hard... currently debating between something like this (fiancee's father has got some welding skillz) and getting a brush guard....

Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by wlorton
Its hard... currently debating between something like this (fiancee's father has got some welding skillz) and getting a brush guard....
Yeah me too & seeing as I work in a manufacturing shop (laser, brakes, sheers, welding equiptment etc etc) & I've been a certified welder for 15 years I'm thinking of making one with a tubular steel sub-frame with aluminum plate around it for weigh saving. Making a receiver hitch between the frame rails so I can transfer it from front to back & store the winch inside the truck out of the elements. Provisions for driving/off road lights with wire mesh infront of them for protection. Getting it powder coated at the company next door. Hmmm all the ideas
Not to mention having a LEGAL place for that damn licence plate I have in the front window! lol

Old 01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Damn thats quite the DIY bumper. I wonder if he has to pick neons off it every night.

Quick Reply: wlorton: you need this!