General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The Wonders of old age...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: The Wonders of old age...

ORIGINAL: drperry

You don't have a timing belt...
Yeah I know...but I stopped digging around in cars at about the late 80's...(timing belt/serpentine belt...same to me) give me a carborator any day! I love old cars!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I still have two years to go, but I will also be driving the blaze until she croaks. I love this truck way to much to get rid of it.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

It would be hard to sell mine... I'm gonna drive her till she absolutely won't go anymore. Anyway... Mine was paid for when it was bought, so that was great, no payments!
dulley agreed, i will drive mine till its wheels fall off, im tring to go to collage, i cant afford anykind of payment as of this time, plus i love the little thing, its so much fun, its nimble(aka small) can be made VERY quick, and has 4wd, can do some off roading, alot with some mods etc

Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Paddle_grl

give me a carborator any day! I love old cars!
Ahhh, a girl after my own heart. Life was so much simpler then.

Actually when I first saw the post "The Wonders of old age", I thought you were talking about me [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Ahhh, a girl after my own heart. Life was so much simpler then.

Actually when I first saw the post "The Wonders of old age", I thought you were talking about me [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
bah!! you aren't old....the 109year old lady I took to the hospital the other day...she's deffinately freaking old...

yes...I love old cars...when my dad taught auto mechanics...I spent hours following him around diggin in cars....that's why I can't wait to have a garage so I can get me a K5 and play around with it!!

by the way...finished taking the altinator out and tensioner pulley...didn't need the belt replaced...

Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

I am planning on keeping my blazer forever lol. It does everything I want it too, and of all the cars I have had this one is the most reliable so far. Especially since I try to keep on top of every single little maintenance issue that is needed.

If I ever blow an engine or tranny or anything for that matter in my blazer I will just put a new one in it lol.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i will keep mine till i get tired of it or till someone puts the right $ in my face. i had a guy about 3 monthes ago offer me $6200 for it, he had 5 of it in his pocket, but i couldn't do it

Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 AM
Sundevildaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

$2400 and counting !!!!! Blackie is paid off, and.. my newly found friend.. '77 K-5 was.. believe it or not.. FREE!

and, after that ones paid off.. as promised to the my better half .... no more NEW trucks...

she didnt say anything 'bout used though [:-]

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Sundevildaddy

$2400 and counting !!!!! Blackie is paid off, and.. my newly found friend.. '77 K-5 was.. believe it or not.. FREE!

and, after that ones paid off.. as promised to the my better half .... no more NEW trucks...

she didnt say anything 'bout used though [:-]

HA AH HAAHAHHAHA HHHA!!!! that's awesome!! you are right...she didn't say anything about used....

Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Mine was paid for in two lumps... But I got a student loan payment... so it'll be a LONG time before I'll be looking to get another vehicle unless I have NO choice. Why I baby the truck as much as I do, try to make it last and last!!

Quick Reply: The Wonders of old age...