General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is it worth it

Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default Is it worth it

im looking at buying a 96 bravada to fix and resell. I still have to call on it but im wondering if it will be worth it. It is loaded with power everything and it has leather. It needs a new grill and it could use a bumper but its not to bad. The worst part is that it needs a front drive shaft. Im assuming it was removed due to the front diff going out So im thinking i will resell it without fixing the diff. The price on it is $1000. How much do you guys think it would be worth without the AWD working. It has 103,000 miles on it.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Is it worth it

Why not just fix the front diff while youre at it?

Id go for it. Maybe harvest some nicer stuff for your blazer while youre at it

Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Without the front diff working, you risk damaging the transfer case. It likely already has a seized clutch in the transfer case as there is very little to go wrong inside the diff under the AWD s-series trucks (no axle engagement/dis-engagement mechanism). I would really have a look at the transfer case. You can grab one out of an Astro or Safari s-series based van with AWD and it would bolt up perfectly fine. Same goes for the front axle provided you match the gear ratio with the rear axle. You could likely source these parts for well under $1000 from a junkyard and have it back to proper working order.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM

i guess we will see how it goes. Im going to call on it tomorrow to make sure he still has it and hopefully go pick it up Saturday after work.

How much do u think i would be able to sell it for if i fix everything?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
BudRacing is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe $4000. It's tough to say considering we haven't seen the cosmetic appearance of the interior and exterior.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Whatever the condition of it is, its going to sell for alot more with working AWD than without

Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

At worst, you could probably part it out and recoup more than what it costs.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I would be curious to see the vehicle in person. If thats all that is wrong with it then maybe go for it.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 AM

ya i still havent seen it either. It hard to tell from a pic what condition its in. Ill let you guys know how it goes

Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Hey man sometimes those are treasures hidden. I bought my 99 blazer for 1100, I talked the guy down from 1300 I think.. What was wrong? Needed a new spider pump. 200 dollars latter.. yup. 4x4 was disabled.. put a new switch in, cleared the silicon that they shoved in, now it works. Used all the money I saved on spending 4 + on the truck and did my lift and tires!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is it worth it