General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Wouldn't these head lights be illegal??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Beginning Member
99blazernky is on a distinguished road
Default Wouldn't these head lights be illegal??

\http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item518ff0a5ef

The lighted blue around it is what has got me wondering. I love the looks of it as I am "blacking out" my blazer/

Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

damnit how come every nice set of projectors says not for hid's
i have a set on my truck right now(not those but similiar) and i cant use hids in them either

Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Projection headlights aren't illegal here but the blue is probably illegal. i have a friend that had blue turn signal lights in the front of his s10 and he got pulled over and had to change them. because red, green, and blue are illegal b/c of the police, ems, fire. most of the ones i see around here are white halo.

But if you don't drive down the road with the halo on you should be fine. my buddy has blue lights inside his head lights and you cant even tell if they are off. (the blue lights).

Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

I have blue LED's in my parks and a blue strip light over the rear number plate and don't have any probs with the police but when I had them in my commodore I was forever getting pulled over

Old 01-23-2010, 08:54 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

why would they be illegal, they're similar to the Halo HL's that are in the Bimmer's.

but as always, it's best to check with your local PD, since it can vary from State to State, Province to Province.

a friend of mine built his own Halo/Projector HL assm for his Civic years ago (when the Bimmer Halo's first came out), and he hasn't had a problem with them-and he lives in Kitchener (those around here will know what i'm talking about).

Old 01-23-2010, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

The key I guess is the brightness of the halo's. Too bright & they will probably attract interest from the local cops, otherwise they just may leave you alone. In the end it's up to individual cop & his/her obsession to the letter of the law. (or jealousy)

Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by packofqtips
damnit how come every nice set of projectors says not for hid's
i have a set on my truck right now(not those but similiar) and i cant use hids in them either
Streetune does make these exact headlights that come with HID's already installed. I think one of the board members mounted HID's in these too.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

it depends on the state. I never had a problem.

packofqtips: I put HIDs in mine and didnt have any problems

Old 01-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

I've got headlights like these...
I'm actually selling them (hopefully with the HIDs as a combo-kit. LOL)

Old 01-27-2010, 03:34 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Depends on how easy going the cops are in the area but last I heard blue lights were still reserved for emergency personal in every area of the country. Other colors are also red and green. Some areas might allow you to get away with it and some might pull you over on the spot for improper lighting.

Quick Reply: Wouldn't these head lights be illegal??