General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Wow! My blazer is a tank!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road
Default Wow! My blazer is a tank!

The wife called and said it wasn't shifting right. Well... I told her to pull off the road and I'd come look at it. She was accidently driving on the highway at 50mph in 4LO! Amazingly it doesn't seem to have any damage. Other than it pumped out alot of trans fluid thru the vent tube. I think it still will live. Which is pretty amazing since it's got 207,000miles!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Did you do this? ------>

Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member
BlazAholic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by closer
The wife called and said it wasn't shifting right. Well... I told her to pull off the road and I'd come look at it. She was accidently driving on the highway at 50mph in 4LO! Amazingly it doesn't seem to have any damage. Other than it pumped out alot of trans fluid thru the vent tube. I think it still will live. Which is pretty amazing since it's got 207,000miles!
thats ok mine is a breadbox lol

Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s14sh3r
Did you do this? ------>
You mean something like this???

Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah really man. I hope nothing did get fried in there. 50 in 4LO= disaster. I dont know how the thing is still moving under its own power.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Mmm do not want

Old 03-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Starting Member

Well... I guess I forgot to put that luckily it was only for about 10miles at the most. I looked at the situation as a possibility for an upgrade. I've thought about getting the stuff to put a manual trans in. But never had the reason to pull a perfectly working auto. But after I went and and looked at it. I immediately seen it was in 4Lo. I don't know how you can accidently put it in 4Lo... I can understand 4Hi(it will engage while driving)... but 4Lo would be hard. But I have accidently hit the 4Hi button when changing from park to drive in a hurry. Oh, I have the column shift autoLOL! But what is done is done... I'm on my way out to the garage to check it out. I was afraid to look at it last night.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Starting Member

Good news. Everything seems to check out okay. I'm sure it helped that the transmission and the transfer case were both rebuilt around 10,000 miles ago. But it does seem that my upper passengers side ball joint is going out now (probably from getting in a bind when she was backing up and turning). But at least nothing major broke, and there isn't any weird noises.
On a good note... I got the chance to put on my "Monroe overload shocks" on the back. It brought the rear height perfectly flush with my 1.5"t-bar crank on the front.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear everything seems to be ok bud.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

thats scary! you would have to leave it in neutral for a while before it would even shift into 4lo wouldnt you?
-mine wont do it in park, and wont do it if i go from park to drive past neutral as i would normally shifting, its just not long enough of a wait to shift.

Quick Reply: Wow! My blazer is a tank!