General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Your Most Hated Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Beginning Member
Curt B is on a distinguished road

I bought my '05 last fall and immediately disliked the step bars the PO put on as they rubbed my pantleg getting in and out. A co worker with a Jimmy was thrilled that I let him have them for $50 and now he plans to take them off calling them slush and ice magnets.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

The wrangler rt/s POS tires that came on my blazer. They flat out suck.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I haven't hated any mods I've done so far, but I have pulled off a few over the years that don't serve a purpose or didn't work well. FIPK, throttle spacer and LED signal bulbs are a few that come to mind.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
It really looks like this guy gave money to hellen keller and let her just click away on autozones website accessories section.
Originally Posted by rexmburns
PS: Thanks for the new quote Rich I laughed my a** off when I read your post!!
yeah...i was thinking the same thing but rex, you beat me to it. lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Dubie81 is on a distinguished road

CB Radio...Does anyone use these things anymore? But why not, I had it laying around the garage anyway....

Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dubie81
CB Radio...Does anyone use these things anymore? But why not, I had it laying around the garage anyway....
I use them for storm chasing, we actually have to get a HAM radio license to have a CB radio when out chasing. Its quite stupid, I mean, we have found ways around that with just using high powered walke-talkies and then calling in the reports to local authorities.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

i love my cbs, great for offroading with a group of trucks.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

No mods yet, but this thread helped. And when it comes to CB's, would you rather have it and not need it or need it and not have it? That's the way I look at cb's. Love having one, no one I know does, but I always have one.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

I hate when people take a 4x4 ANYTHING and lowers it.. makes me want to burn that **** down. I hate anything chrome, real or that fake plastic crap. Next would be halo projector lights then then over use of lights, seriously why do you need 4 on your bumper, and 6 on your roof??
I hate when people put huge stupid sound systems and big stupid amps and subs, there is literally no reason to have 3 massive subs making it so every piece of loose trim vibrates as you roll through the walmart parking lot listening to your DMX and insane clown posse.
lastly custom paint jobs, these are not show cars people you use them to go off road. Grow a pair and be men for God's sake.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by slcblazer
I hate when people take a 4x4 ANYTHING and lowers it.. makes me want to burn that **** down. I hate anything chrome, real or that fake plastic crap. Next would be halo projector lights then then over use of lights, seriously why do you need 4 on your bumper, and 6 on your roof??
I hate when people put huge stupid sound systems and big stupid amps and subs, there is literally no reason to have 3 massive subs making it so every piece of loose trim vibrates as you roll through the walmart parking lot listening to your DMX and insane clown posse.
lastly custom paint jobs, these are not show cars people you use them to go off road. Grow a pair and be men for God's sake.
Yikes. You have some hatred for a few things there.
My truck by the middle of the summer will be a show truck, Will not have a custom paint job, but will be a show truck, and the sound system, 1 12" sub, gets more loud than a few of my friends with 2-3 12" subs.
But the difference here is... Find a 93 jimmy with the same options as mine that is as clean, and walk around my truck when I have the stereo up, and find anything on it that rattles besides the roof rack... sound deadening goes a long way.

But, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Quick Reply: Your Most Hated Mods