General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

For your viewing pleasure....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:49 PM
PackRatTDI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For your viewing pleasure....

...a UK Spec Chevrolet Blazer.

http://pontiacjeep.bravehost.com/pontiac024.htm

Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: For your viewing pleasure....

So I clicked the link and started looking at the pictures and thought, wow thats a decent blazer, not realzing it was a right hand drive, and then i looked at the top were it says it in BIG LETTERS and then had to look at it again, i feel stupid

Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

headlight washers! those fender flares look neat

Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

headlight washers! those fender flares look neat
I'd like a set of those, although I guess I should fix my non-functional rear washer before I do anything about the headlamps.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That's kinda funny! Best part is they didn't even modify the center console shifter for this application. They just put a different shift **** on it, but kept the location over on the left hand side of the console!!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

That's kinda funny! Best part is they didn't even modify the center console shifter for this application. They just put a different shift **** on it, but kept the location over on the left hand side of the console!!
That reminds me of something odd. In some large trucks with multispeed transmissions, there is a splitter button on the side of the shift **** that's activated by the thumb. in LHD trucks, it's on the right side of the shift ****. In most RHD trucks, the truck makers have shift ***** with the splitter button on the opposite side for use by the left hand. But I've noticed that Volvo trucks don't have a reversed shift **** in RHD trucks, the splitter button is on the same side. I guess drivers in a RHD Volvo semi-truck have to split the gears with their pinky, lol.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

whats the point in swapping the PCM and fuse box locations?

Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

whats the point in swapping the PCM and fuse box locations?
Because of the ECBM, Brake booster & master cylinder, etc that take up all of the space where the HVAC housing, coolant overflow bottle, and PCM were before (which now have to be on the other side as well). Radiator is mirrored as well.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I like the idea of headlight washers myself. I wonder if it can be done as a mod. Just take some from the junkyard, bolt them to the bumper, and run a split washer line. Hahaha, nice clean blazer though. It just seems weird probably since right hand drive.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: davtak

I like the idea of headlight washers myself. I wonder if it can be done as a mod. Just take some from the junkyard, bolt them to the bumper, and run a split washer line. Hahaha, nice clean blazer though. It just seems weird probably since right hand drive.
I'm sure it wouldn't be a hard mod. I don't think headlamp washers are required in the UK but since they builtBlazers for sale in other European countries, they went ahead and included them in all Euro-market Blazers. IIRC, headlamp washing systems are required by law in Scandinavian countries.

Quick Reply: For your viewing pleasure....