General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2 problems with my 99 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
sinistar2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 problems with my 99 Blazer

First problem is the most annoying.....

After I have warmed up the engine and driven for about 15 minutes, I notice that after stopping at a light I really have to hit the gas hard to get it moving again.Once moving I have no problems at all. This sort of comes and goes as I drive...any Ideas what this may be?

Second is strange as well.....

My AC is acting pretty funky. Basically it has been blowing out hot air. The compressor is working. After showing it to someone yesterday, I got in the truck and the AC decided it would work. It lasted about 15 minutes then warmed up again....any suggestions???

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie to the site.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: 2 problems with my 99 Blazer

hiya...first off welcome aboard. ok heres what I got for ya:

first, can you tell me what year, make and model is your truck? maybe put it in your signature so you dont get asked constantly....

but i would see how old that fuel filter is... might be something as simple as it being clogged, and thats why its causing issues. Might also be a fuel pump, where once it warms up, it causes issues. I had that one time before. where it worked until it warmed up...

the ac, my compressor just had to get changed, it would do the exact same thing. so maybe have someone check how much pressure your system is holding... should be fairly low, i think around 40psi? mine was like 500psi... BAD BAD BAD.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
sinistar2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dory!

I will update my sig ASAP!

Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

not a problem!