General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

3 hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Starting Member
KA3AX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 hoses?

Hey, I have these 3 black hoses that go from the transfer case and I don't know where to hook them up. Anybody have any idea?
They are not that fat either, they also connect into this one metal "plug" that goes right into the transfer case.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-08-2006, 05:56 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 3 hoses?

what year blazer would help.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

That might be your transfer case vacuum lines.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Starting Member

Of course. It is a 1997, 2 door, 4x4, and the shifter is on the floor (if that helps).

Old 04-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Starting Member

Anybody? Please? I'll post pictures soon!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I misseed this sooner.
One hose provides vacuum the the swicth in the t-case (where it connects to the t-case). This hose runs to passengers side of the ditriburator.
One hose is a vent line and connects to the other side of the t-case, then it runs up to the passenger side fender and has a little filter on the end.
The last hose is the vacuum hose that engages the front axle when you drop it into 4hi or 4lo. The vacuum actuator is located under the battery in your truck. Your going to have to take the batttery tray out to see it, might also have the vent hose in the same spot.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Starting Member

Are you sure you are talking about a 1997 transfer case. As you can see there are 4 hoses all together, then their are two that merge into one fat one with a little plastic thing on the end. Is that the filter? Where did you say the other two go?

Thanks for your help

HOW DO I PUT PICTURES ON HERE????!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?![:@][:@][:@] keeps giving me some error!

Old 04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
99church is an unknown quantity at this point

those 3 hoses go to the transfer case switch, i have a 99 Blazer LT 4.3 automatic trans 4x4 and i can't seem to find my transfer case switch, it's suppose to be on top of the transfer case but i can't locate it. seems you found yours, where did you find it, how about that picture

Old 04-13-2006, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

There are 3 hoses, the vent line is split to vent another part of the t-case.
In the below pic (my '00 S10-Blazer t-case) you will see three black plastic things sticking up (HINT: Transfer case switch). That is where the 3 hoses connect. Look for a notch and groove on the fittings so you get them back together correctly. See the metal tube above and to the left of the 3 hose connector. That is another vent hole in the t-case and where the vent hose split attaches with a spring loaded clamp.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:57 PM
BF Veteran

This is a pic of my '87 S10-Blazer t-case. See the 4 hoses your talking about. Same set- up in all years. 3 hoses are attached to a connector, and the connector goes on the t-case like I post in the above post. See that last hose hanging off to the left in the pic, that one connects to teh other vent in the t-case. My first post in this thread tells you where they go from there. Follow them, they should all (3) go up past the tranny dipstick tube, in fact more then likely they are strapped or wire tied to the tranny dipstick tube at the top passengers side bellhousing bolt. They come out in the engine compartment behind the distriburator ont eh passengers side.

Quick Reply: 3 hoses?