General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

3 Things!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default 3 Things!

Alright well I'm having some problems lately. Ill go from the easier ones to the harder ones!

1. Remote Keyless entry. Alright well First off I changed the batteries like 2 times this week! When i hit unlock it barely works and i have to get like right on the car put the remote on the glass and hit it. But i can lock it from far away still. Any help? Can I just change the board out inside?

2. A/C Problem. Alright well until recently I never used my air conditioner. Well on the fan settings number 4 doesnt work at all. It bassicaly stops working. 1-3 is fine but not the 4th! Help????

3. Engine Temp!

Yea this ones bad. The other day i was driving home and I noticed my engine temp gauge was higher than normal. So I basically slowed down and didnt run the engine hard at all. Put it in nuetral goin down hills and all. I looked again and it went up alittle more! Now i was getting worried. I JUST put in some coolant and it was rising. I rolled the windows down turned off the AC and it was staying steady. Anyone know what a problem could be here? Does it matter that I dont have the heat shield stuff on the underside of my hood?

Old 07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 3 Things!

1) Sounds like the board has started to go. I'd pick up a new keyfob, program it, and see how that one does. *EDIT* - you could also try reprogramming your remote to the vehicle and see if that helps before dropping the $ on a new keyfob.

2) Could be the blower motor resistor pack which is located on the HVAC housing under the hood right next to the firewall. I can find more details later if you wish. *EDIT* - Well, not the resistor pack if 1-3 work. Most likely it's the Blower Motor Relay which should be located on the firewall just above the engine. It should have a tab which is bolted to the firewall. See if you can't substitute a different relay in for this one (may not have the tab on it, but it should work) and see if the fan works on high.

3) I'd make sure that your coolant is up to proper levels and that your radiator and condenser are clean and clear of all debris. May be time to wash these things out good!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jon here is a link on ebay for a new remote ebaymotors.com

mine did the same thing i just bought a new one works fine now

Old 07-17-2006, 10:18 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the one i gave you before was a used one sorry my edit wasnt working so here is a new one ebay

Old 07-17-2006, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran

How hard is it to clean the radiator and condensor cause it rose again today. I had to turn the heat on! in 90 degree weather! lol

Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your thermostat, mine started to stick and gave the same symptoms. The factory was a 195, I replaced it with a 180 degree instead.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran

uuuuuhhhhhhhh how do i do that? lol
Sorry im so dumb

Old 07-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The '99+ have different programming and may not react well with a 180* t-stat, just FYI. Wouldn't hurt to change out the t-stat and the pressure cap as a precaution.

As far as cleaning your rad, a hose with spray nozzle should be all that is required.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran

lol alright wanted to make sure. cause i asked Jag and he was like u gotta buy this kit. I was like wtf? lol

Old 07-18-2006, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

only reason i said about a kit is b/c i saw my dad do it with our truck....but i think he may of done the hole system. sorry about that one

Quick Reply: 3 Things!