General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 4.3L spededometer not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:00 PM
twintrades is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 93 4.3L spededometer not working

hello all Ok is a 4.3 leiter 4 door. My question is is the speedomerter a cable or electronic. i put in a new clutch and now it dosnt work. Is there someting i could have hooked up wrong? or somthing any help would be appreciated. Oh and my engine pressure and temp gauges dont work either.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:46 PM
s_stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 93 4.3L spededometer not working

If all those guages stopped when you did the transmission, check the guage fuse, and check to make sure you did not pinch any wires between the block and transmission bell housing.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 PM

no All the fuses are ok on the fuse panle. The only one that dident work after i put it all together was The spedometer. All the others dident work when i got it.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the year of your blazer, look under the floor pan near the rear of the transmission tail shaft. You should see either a cable or wires leading to a connector. Check to make sure that everthing is ok here. Might need a DVM if there are wires...

Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Should be electric VSS located int eh tailshaft or t-case (if you have 4x4). Make sure the connector is connected.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 AM

Thanks i ll look somemore when the rain lets up. Post what i find

Old 09-27-2006, 10:03 PM

ok i crawled under the thing and made shure all the connections are tight. on the tranny and the transfer. No speedo! What else can i do is there some way i can test stuff to find out if thereas a fault in the cuircut?

Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 PM

ok i just thought that would the puter recive the info and get messed up? dose it recvive info from oil pressure and engine temp? if so how would i check it? thanks for the help. oh and if any one would like to send direct email send it to twintrades@hotmail.com

Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 PM

Put a jumper wire in my tester thing under the dash and got a 13 Oxegen sensor problem but it mentions the tps sensor i think any who my spedo still dosnt work

Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

What year is your truck? Never mind. It was part of your subject.

Lets solve one problem at a time.
Since the speedo is most important, lets start there.
I gather it worked before the clutch install? Correct?
Then it was something you did. Since you have a 4x4 the speedo sensor is in the t-case. GM uses a reluctor ring and sensor. The sensor counts the number of revolutions of the reluctor gear. Then sends a signal to the puter/or back of the speedometer. Later years it went to the puter. You had to disconnect the wiring to the t-case to drop the t-case. Was it a sensor or wiring harness? If it was a sensor, is the face of it clean, is it installed al the way? And your positive you didn't pinch any wires in the process?

Quick Reply: 93 4.3L spededometer not working