General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 blazer tranny stuck PLz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:43 AM
twintrades123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 93 blazer tranny stuck PLz help

Ok i have a 93 blazer 4wd with a 4.3L manule tran. I took out the drive shafts front and back, took off the transfer case and exaust, the bell housing has no boltz in it and i have a jack under the engines oil pan and one under the tranny. Ive kicked, shoved, wiggled,smacked,hammerd, bleed on, swore and damned the tranny. But it wont come off i know all of the boltz are out. what am i doing wrong? please help my wife wants here exploder back.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Default RE: 93 blazer tranny stuck PLz help

Please some one reply

Old 09-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably stuck on the dowel pins. Have you tried a pry bar between the bell housing and the engine block?

And please try not to bump a post for atleast 24 hours. We have lives too! LOL

Old 09-03-2006, 03:34 PM

There is no room to do that it wont crack open enuf.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Bump

Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
s_stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

put your jack at the back of the transmission, jack it up (a little at a time) and let the jack on the engine down (a little at a time). That should split the bellhousing and engine. How many bolts did you remove from the bellhousing? There's 6 all together. 2 at the top (which you can't get to unless you lower the back end of the transmission, and 2 on each side, one above the other. When I pulled my engine (last week) I had to use a swivel socket to get the 2nd bolt on the driver's side do to firewall issues (but mine was an automatic). I am assuming you pulled the shifters out too. I did a GMC today and it had a 2" body lift which made it sweet to get the tranny bolts!

Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM

Ill try to crack the trany. tomorrrow if it dosnt work ill come back. thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 PM

Ok it diddent work either. I know some one reading this post will be like ..... dumb *** dident take out all the boltz. But i did. wish i could take a pic. some one told me today that it will oxidize. Well holy @#$% Dose that hold!!!!!! I seiriosly yanked and pulled on that for over an hr. I really dont know what the hell could be holding it on. Is there something internal?? The shaft on the end spins freely. Please some one help me Seson opens soon here like in 2 weeks and i cant even go out scouting in the woods.

Verry distraught
kyle

Old 09-05-2006, 11:26 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

With a manual tranny did you make sure that the linkage is not hanging up on the floor or wires/cables that are near the trans.....

Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same trouble on my '93, except mine is an auto.
The tranny had corroded to teh engine, at the dowel pins. I had to take a long pry bar and a hammer. I drove the prybar between the tranny bellhousing and the engine block to get her apart. I came at it from the lowest point where hte tranny and engine meet, worked my way up the side. Don't crack the tranny bellhousing or the block. Then you will be up a creek.

I also tried everything. Sprayed the crap out of the joint with PB Blaster. I tried dropping the engine (was pulling the engine, not the tranny), tried dropping/tipping the tranny, damn near jumped up and down on both of them. The only thing that worked was the hammer and prybar. Happy pounding. Take your time and be persistent.

Quick Reply: 93 blazer tranny stuck PLz help