General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:55 AM
wla952 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 blazer

I have a 1995 chevy blazer 4.3 vortec, when I started the car this morning I gave it a little bit of gas, now the gas is stuck open all the way and the gauge is all the way to the six, can anybody help me please!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 95 blazer

this should be in the general tech section.

But wow.... that doesnt sound good............ [>:]

Old 08-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So what you are saying is that you pegged out the engine at 6,000rpm? Did you hear a big boom? Cause if the engine was free spinning at that rpm for very long, it is highly likely that internal damage has been done.

For the obvious, check to make sure that there are no obstructions in the travel of the gas pedal and the throttle linkage on the throttle body. Beyond that, you may want to pull off the throttlebody and give it a good cleaning. Carbon buildup in the internal passages of the TB can cause the throttle blade to stick.

At no load (free spin), it doesn't take much throttle to allow the motor to rev beyond safe limits.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:40 AM
wla952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much I will give that a shot.