General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Anyone with an '03+ - Car Seat Anchor...

Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone with an '03+ - Car Seat Anchor...

Anyone with an '03+ Blazer, do you have the lower car seat anchor points for a child seat? I thought it was sometime around '03 that they made this mandatory for all vehicles... Or maybe one of you kind fellows that work in a dealership can look up and see if there is something available to retro-fit into my '00 Bravada...? Let me know. It is getting more and more difficult to move these damn car seats from vehicle to vehicle when having to mess around with the stupid seatbelt every time. Not to mention the latest car seat doesn't really strap down all that tight (to me) with the belt as tight as we can make it...

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Old 11-20-2006, 12:53 PM
HalJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Anyone with an '03+ - Car Seat Anchor...

In my 95, I used to use the annoying little metal seatbelt clamp that came with the carseats, the whole process took a good 3-4 minutes. Then I discovered that the rear seatbelts have an ALR (Auto Locking) mode. Pull the belt all the way out, and it ratchets back in. Based on my reading, it's perfectly save to use this ratchet mode to secure a child's carseat.

Pull the belt all the way out, thread it through the seat properly, and latch it. Then, while kneeling on the seat, "force feed" the belt back into the retractor, pulling it tight. Presto, the seat is in. Takes no longer than using the LATCH system.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but just getting rid of that annoying little metal piece may do the trick.

-Hal