Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   clunking in front end when you turn the wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/clunking-front-end-when-you-turn-wheels-5417/)

melissa97blazer 09-10-2006 10:36 PM

clunking in front end when you turn the wheels

there is a clunking coming from the front end when you turn the wheels. while your driving it also sounds like there is a grinding noise. we have replaced both the left and right wheel bearings as directed by a mechanic. the left works fine. we have replaced the right twice and are now going for a third time. does anyone have any idea what could be doing this?

Jman 09-10-2006 10:42 PM

RE: clunking in front end when you turn the wheels

I had the same problem. I replaced the Idler arm yesturday and my clunking is all gone. I still got to change the Pitman Arm. Have those checked out, and maybe check out your Balljoints and Tie-rods aswell.

How often are you changeing them bearings?

melissa97blazer 09-10-2006 10:51 PM

well i have only had the car about 2 - 3 years. this is the first time im changing them. i don't know the history about the wheel bearing with the previous owner.

Jman 09-10-2006 11:03 PM

Alot of the time the grinding noise is just a build up of corrossion on the brake drums and rotors

melissa97blazer 09-11-2006 01:51 PM

hmmm. well as i write this the other wheel bearing is being put on to see if maybe the others were defective. but we will see. ill keep in mind what you have said. if this doesn't work, im just going to break down and take it to a shop. i want to be able to drive my car. i miss it.

melissa97blazer 09-11-2006 02:06 PM

ok, so the other wheel bearing is on and the clunking is gone. Im so happy! so apparently what it was is that the wheel bearings we bought from Advanced Auto Parts were defective. so we bought this last on from NAPA and it works just fine. thanks for all your input.

DetroitMuscle 09-11-2006 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: melissa97blazer

ok, so the other wheel bearing is on and the clunking is gone. Im so happy! so apparently what it was is that the wheel bearings we bought from Advanced Auto Parts were defective. so we bought this last on from NAPA and it works just fine. thanks for all your input.
Must be 2wd model....There is a lifetime warranty on the 4x4 bearing/hub assembly.

Aquahallic 09-12-2006 07:21 AM

lifetime warranty???
Is this from GM?

DetroitMuscle 09-12-2006 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Aquahallic

lifetime warranty???
Is this from GM?

ROFL, GM hardly honor thieir 3 year warranties let alone lifetime, But no, its not GM stamped. Doesnt mean anything though except you are getting the SAME part cheaper.