General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:13 AM
p_j_robertson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clutch Problems

Well now something is wrong with the clutch. I have a lot of play and now it will not disengage the clutch plate so I cannot get it into gear. I think that I possibly have air in my clutch line but not sure.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Clutch Problems

Do me a favor hun, please put your year, make model of your truck in your signature for those of us who dont know it offhand and dont want to keep asking you for it? also so you dont have to keep repeating it. thanks!

Old 07-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How is the clutch master cylinder fluid level?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM

I have a 98 Chevy Blazer.

The fluid level was fine other then being a little dark.
What pisses me off is that I took it down to the mechanic and they said that I need to replace the Master, Slave and entire Clutch. They said that the Master and Slave were in the Transmission Housing so they had to drop the transmission to get to them and that I might as well change the Clutch at the same time.

I really hate these German mechanics sometimes they don't know a lot about american cars but they think that they know everything.
Cannot wait until I get back to the states with this one.

WTF any truth to this. I really need to buy a chevy blazer repair manual

Old 07-08-2006, 06:21 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

NOT TRUE. Your slave is in the tranny, the master is on the firewall. Try bleeding your clutch. there is a bleeder screw under where the quick disconnect is on the tranny. It takes 2 people to do it, #1 in the truck and #2 under the truck. Have #1 push the clutch in 3-4 times then hold it to the floor, while #2 is under there ready to open the bleeder screw(dont be right under it because it will leak all over you) open the screw when the pedal is to the floor and then tighten it back up and do again, and again, and again till there is no air commin out of the bleeder screw. Make sure to check the fluid level in the Master cylinder every 2-4 times you open the bleeder up, because if it runs dry you will have to start again.
Hope it helps.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn... I must have not pushed the post button this morning... Said the same thing. Only difference was that I think the bleed screw is above the quick disconnect (so the air escapes). Other than that, I agree completely with the above post (in fact wrote mine almost exactly the same this morning - lol).

Old 07-09-2006, 02:32 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Damn... I must have not pushed the post button this morning... Said the same thing.
So I guess great minds think alike, right. lol
I dont remember but I think your right on the bleeder screw swartlkk.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:48 AM

What do you mean on the Fire wall?

My clutch goes through the firewall and has this sensor that reads if your clutch is activated so that the vehicle will start but having a little trouble finding the master cylinder.

Does anyone have a picture perhaps of exactly what I am looking for. Not car ignorant but first time working on a hydraulic clutch and don't know what the master cylinder should look like. Going to try to follow the resivor down to the master and see if I can find it that way.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Administrator

The res is attached to the master cylinder.