General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Did some free hp for my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 03:53 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did some free hp for my blazer

Well after seeing the stuff they had @ this link SSHOTRODS I cut the diffuser off my tb and repositioned the IAT. This was very easy to do and it make my truck lots more fun to drive. I think the IAT works better since I got a hypertech tuner on the blazer and the diffusser mod to the tb works awesome too. It was really fun to do and gives you a chance to add some HP to your truck.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Did some free hp for my blazer

The TB diffuser is a part throttle response mod only. The diffuser really doesn't impact WOT driving. I know, I have done it. I will also be returning back to stock. The reason for the diffuser is to pull the EGR gases to the back of the intake instead of being sucked into only the front cylinders resulting in an imbalance. I won't know more about this until the weather gets better and I can get a replacement throttle blade from the junk yard.

I will agree that the diffuser removal does make the truck more fun to drive, but I don't think it does anything to WOT and my AutoTap scans back that up. At part throttle, you just don't have to push the throttle down as far to get the same acceleration. I don't think it is worth it for the potential harmful effects of this mod. Do it at your own risk.