General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Driver's Side Highbeam Dead!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driver's Side Highbeam Dead!?

So im swapping my stock housing for halos, so i switched everything over and then go through the parking lights, lowbeams and highbeams. But when I go to put the highbeams on my left one is out, so i giggle it....nothing. Then I swap the left highbeam bulb (9005) for the right highbeam bulb....still it doesnt light, i keep switching the highbeam bulbs back and forth and nothing. So i look at the wires coming into the plug, ive even sprayed electrical cleaner into the plug and tried the bulb again. Still nothing, so does anyone have and idea of why my left highbeam socket wont light a bulb?

Old 10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Left Highbeam bulb out

Dude i'm having a similar problem. Here's the thread I started. Tell you the truth i've done nothing about it.

Here's my post: https://blazerforum.com/m_40060/tm.htm
If you want try running a wire from the functioning high beam to he non-functioning highbeam (like I did.) Temp. fix. your best bet is to do what Chevy lover told me to do. If that doesn't help then follow and inspect those wires all the way to muli-function switch.

If it sounds like pain in the a** to you, then you feel my pain and that's exactly why i haven't even messed with it.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 AM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point

check ALL of your fuses and relays--the high beam circuits also include the daytime running lights and automatic headlights---same problem when i put my halos in--blew the DRL fuse---check that you didnt break the insulation in the high beam bulb or knock the little spring off of the back (carefully pull back the rubber cover) [8D]

Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Yea the bulb is ok, and i already took out the DRL fuse, maybe i should place it back in and take it out again?

Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Hey! I got it fixed! I put my DRL fuse back in and it works, so ive come to the conclusion that i need the fuse in there, but i dont want DRL, so what pin do i bend in order to disenguage them?

There are 5 pins with the number 1-5 beside them, this is a 98 btw.
-Luke

Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 PM

numbers 1-5 on a 98? weird... maybe put on your glasses? the pin is number 86..... make sure you've got the correct relay

edit--also you bought this used?? perhaps the reason it worked after you put the fuse back in is the relays pooched or possibly the wrong style---if you have a multimeter, check the fuse for continuity

im just tossing things out there [8D]

Old 10-04-2006, 12:47 AM

Its the right Fuse. Black, square and it's labeled DRL on the fuse diagram.

The pins are arranged just like the dashes below
- -
-
- -

Ok i just went out and checked, ok there are two things labeled DRL
One is a big black square and the other is a accual black fuse. I looked at both and didnmt find anything labeled 86. What do i bend, a pin in the big black square or the small fuse? And if its the fuse, which pin do i bend? There are 2.

O also, im guessing that the big black square = the relay and the small black fuse = DRL Fuse. Am i correct?

Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 PM

I got it, my pins weren't numbered, so i had to get some pics, but im ok now.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM

you bend the middle pin? i think thats what would be #86.....

Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

O also, im guessing that the big black square = the relay and the small black fuse = DRL Fuse. Am i correct?
There is no such thing as a "black fuse"...at least in automotive use...That little black-fuse-shaped thing is actually a DRL diode....just FYI. Glad you got it workin'.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Highbeam Dead!?